Help! Traveling and road food!

Options
I have to drive about 5 hours today, will either eat lunch before I hit the road or when I start the drive. The problem is that my husband will be with me (yay!) but he likes to snack (boo!). If it's just me, I pack celery, carrot sticks, raisins, pretzels, mini light cheese wedges......my husband gets really annoyed by crunchy things - so those are OUT. He bought cheetos popcorn and beef jerky to bring, can't eat that.......any suggestions?

He knows I'm trying like crazy to be good, and he is a great help - but he gets bored on long drives and likes to munch. I could take it or leave it, but when he's eating, I'll want to eat too.

Help?

Replies

• lindainak
    Options
    I say crunch away!
  • jamesadcox
    Options
    If he want to support you he will get over the crunchy and keep to his own snacks. Seems to be the easiest to me.
  • CrazyKylie
    Options
    He doesn't like to hear crunchy foods, but he is bringing popcorn and cheetos? haha I would say too bad for him and bring your favorites! If you want to be nice though, you could bring grapes, cantaloupe, or string cheese.
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I say crunch away!

And bring along some earplugs for him. LOL!
    My husband also hates when you make noise when you eat.
  • Balkissoonr
    Options
    You should be able to eat the mini cheese that doesn't have any crunchiness to it. Beef Jerkey isn't actually that bad. It has a very high amount of protein so out of everything you just listed go with that if you have to. If you can get him to try it, soy crisps are healthier than cheetos.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Each of you pack your own snacks - you're adults. Then turn up the music.
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    turkey ham is low in calories, just cut up your veg into cubes then he cant hear you crunch or turn the radio up while you eat
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This may sound strange, but I have friends that eat spinach like potato chips, just right out of the bag. You might try that, or some dried fruit. Also, beef jerky isn't terrible when it comes to calories, and it's so chewy it can last a long time. You can make it yourself or buy the homemade stuff instead of those Slim Jim grease sticks.

Btw, cheetos are crunchy! He can crunch and you can't? ;)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas!

Yes, we have been together for 15+ years and this is just something about him I have accepted. He can crunch, I can't. He's gotten way better about it - but it's still an issue - swear to god I will never ever eat a carrot stick around him, lol.

Usually we turn up the music and it's all good.......but today I was just struggling with ideas. Ya'll really helped me out. Thanks!