Is loose skin inevitable?

Options
I have at least another 8 stone to lose. Initial goal is 12 stone, I'm 20 now but have been as high as 23 1/2. A lot of my weight is round the middle and I'm now almost 41. I'm doing a lot of cardIo and swimming, toning and am just about to start pilates, I'm also exfoliating and covering myself in Shea and cocoa butter every night (husband says I'm mostly slimy!)

Two questions: is there anything else I could be doing? And has anyone lost a significant amount of weight and escaped looking like a melted candle? I know I'm never going to be perfect, but I'm dreading lots of skin and potential surgery

Replies

• janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I hope you get some good ideas..I have 90 pounds left to lose and definitely fearing the loose skin. I'm using firming lotion.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    -strength training with your cardio
    -clean & natural nutricious foods
    -healthy fats
    -protien

and you will greatly increase the amount of "firm skin" you are likely to have.
    it's actually pretty ASTOUNDING how the skin springs back. it's completely possible to look like you were never even overweight.
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    When you lose the weight slowly, it gives your skin a chance to also shrink up a bit. I've seen lots of people that have had the baratric surgery and have all this leftover skin and its because it cant bouce back fast enough with the weight. And I've seen people lose the weight slowly and the skin bounces back with them so it doesnt look so lose :) I hope that helps. Keeping lotion on it helps. Its always important to moisturize to keep skin looking younger and healthier.
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    Loose skin comes from losing a lot of weight in a short space of time, which is also not good for you. keep your weight loss steady and in little bits 3-4lbs a week and continue doing the toning that you are and you should be fine