Always over on sugar because of fruit!

Options
So I'm allowed 40 something grams of sugar a day. When I eat an apple for breakfast, I automatically am over half my amount, especially if it's a big apple. I've stopped drinking fruit juices and things like that because of sugar, but what else am I supposed to do? I don't care for vegetables that much so I can't replace my snacks with those because I already eat as many as I can stand to. Help!

Replies

• MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sorry, 37g a day to be exact.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    fruit is ok as long as you dont eat more than 2-3 servings per day. It is good that you are staying away from fruit juices. Most all of us go over on sugar--as long as it is not refined sugar it is ok. (unless you go CRAZY with the natural sugar)
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did a little bit of research on sugar and what I found is that the 40 or so grams of sugar you are allowed a day is for things with added sugar. So fruit you can eat and although MFP counts it cause, yes fruit has sugar, its natural sugar.

I dont worry about it too much, I add up everything that doesnt contain natural sugars and use that out of my 40 grams a day.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Ignore it...you are doing great! Eat up!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    berries, i believe, are lower in sugar too. or at least lower in GI. check those out and see how it works for you.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    eat your fruit. stay away from processed and added sugars, but eat your fruit.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I usually go over my sugars because of fruit too.. I try not to let it bother me, because nutritionally its what we SHOULD be eating :)