Any Ideas for Lo-Cal Drinks at the Bars for Guys?

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for low-calorie alcoholic drinks, specifically for guys -- meaning stuff I wouldn't get a hard time from my friends for ordering (see: Vodka Cranberry).

And while the easiest solution is to avoid alcohol altogether, I'm a guy in my final semester of college, and going out with my friends is just business-as-usual as far as I'm concerned.

Most bars I go to have Diet Coke as their only "diet" option, but I'm open to any and all ideas you have.

So far I alternate between Rum and Diet Coke & Whiskey and Diet Coke, but definitely want to expand that repertoire.

Thanks all! =)

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've heard that clear liquors are not as high in calories as the darker stuff. So maybe like a vodka tonic? Or gin and tonic?
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Or, you could always just ask for a shot on the rocks... a guy who orders a shot of whiskey on the rocks has a certain intrigue to him :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    How about beer? Like a Bud Select? 55 cals
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Or, you could always just ask for a shot on the rocks... a guy who orders a shot of whiskey on the rocks has a certain intrigue to him :)

LOL! So true!
  • sjgarcia9
    sjgarcia9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Club soda. Not girly, really. My guy friends get it with Lemon. Also, you can get something with diet soda.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options

LOL! So true!

this :)
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    Clear Bacardi Rum is 50 calories a shot. With Diet Coke and Lemon. Yummmmmmmmmm. If you want to come off as straight and not fem then order your regular coke but get ready to pack on sugar and calories lol. If you want to go Diet then you will come off as Metrosexual hahahah just messing.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    mohito - ask for it without the sugar
    old fashioned - ask for it without the sugar - this one is very manly, Don Draper orders it !
    Tequila with lime juice and seltzer on the rocks
    vodka with lime juice and seltzer on the rocks

Then there is this list which might help you, it was posted by another member back in May so I'm not sure how accurate everything is.........

• Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    • Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    • Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    • Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    • Margarita (8 oz): 280
    • Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    • Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    • Port wine (3 oz):128
    • Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    • Red wine (5 oz):120
    • White wine (5 oz): 120
    • Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    • Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    • Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    • Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    • Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    • Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    • Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    • Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    • Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    • Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    • Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    • Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    • Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    • Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    • Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    • Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    • Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    • Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    • White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    • Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    • Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    • Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    • Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98
  • jmcmillian83
    Options
    Grey Goose on the rocks. Time to graduate :-) 69 calories, no carbs.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I drink just whiskey on the rocks (about 100 calories) but sometimes I order a Manhattan on the rocks which is whiskey, sweet vermouth, and a splash of coke (about 200 calories). Stay away from drinks mixed with juices because they are filled with calories, carbs, and sugars. In moderation you could do vodka and redbull but that is loaded with sugar too (27g in 1 can!) and 200 mg of sodium. Vodka and tonic is always good or gin and tonic. Honestly you could always just order a light beer and drink in moderation because the calorie differences are negligible. I swear I'm not an alcoholic...I used to bartend.
  • RyanEM1
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas, everybody! (and please, keep them coming :smile: )
    Clear Bacardi Rum is 50 calories a shot. With Diet Coke and Lemon. Yummmmmmmmmm. If you want to come off as straight and not fem then order your regular coke but get ready to pack on sugar and calories lol. If you want to go Diet then you will come off as Metrosexual hahahah just messing.
    Haha, luckily most people I know have fully come to terms with my love of Diet Coke
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Water
  • junkfoodsux
    Options
    There is none...because your one drink can easily turn into five and a massive hang-over the next day! Your effort is futile....:devil:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Ah, it will be a nice day when you can go out and NOT GIVE A *kitten* what your friends think ;)

I personally drink Guinness at the bar OR a VSL, vodka soda w/ limes =)
  • stevej10
    Options
    Vodka water with lemon :smile:
  • robh123
    Options
    Gin and Tonic
    2 oz Gin
    5 oz Tonic
    1 Lime wedge
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    Just a question How does Grey goose not have carbs when Vodka comes from Potatoes?
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Drink the real stuff, just drink less of it. I hate those michelob ultra commercials where the guy drink real beer is doing squats. If you want to get drunk just drink. It's ok every once in a while.