Question for the ladies

Options
Any ladies out there using toning apparel, if so does it actually works? I've been thinking about investing in some to work out in, just wanted to here some views on what you all thought about them.

Replies

• Awineburg
    Options
    Im not sure if they work or not, but they aren't that good for you. They make your back and or knees hurt because they change they way you walk and misaligned your body.
  • squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's really interesting because I had actually wondered that!
  • Manda1987
    Options
    There have been several studies that have shown that the shoes are both harmful to your joints and don't really work. As for the clothes, I have no clue, but I'm extremely skeptical.

Maybe I'm just judgmental, but I feel like it's the lazy way out. You're not going to lose weight or tone yourself by wearing a shirt or pants. You're better off putting your time and money into an exercise DVD!
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have found that the toning shoes are very comfortable (fit-flop and reebok shoes) but they will change your gait. The reebok toning shoes changed my gait so much that it is now more comfortable for me to walk in normal shoes; I was a supinator due to a high arch and I used to have shin splints, heel brusing, and peroneal tendonitis just from walking. I now have no problems walking all day for my job. However, I cannot wear my fit-flops anymore because the change in gait causes some pain walking in them.
  • koolgurl84
    Options
    There have been several studies that have shown that the shoes are both harmful to your joints and don't really work. As for the clothes, I have no clue, but I'm extremely skeptical.

Maybe I'm just judgmental, but I feel like it's the lazy way out. You're not going to lose weight or tone yourself by wearing a shirt or pants. You're better off putting your time and money into an exercise DVD!

Im skeptical about that too. Probably just another scheme to have our mind thinking were doing more so that they can make money off of it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of sketchers shape ups,I did not but them cuz I thought I would magicly lose weight in them I bout them because they are the most comfratable shoes ive ever owned
  • Manda1987
    Options
    The other thing: the shoes aren't meant to be worn while exercising! I nearly bought a pair in a moment of weakness, until I read on the tag that you're not supposed to wear them for long-term walking or running. Lame.