I can't sleep! help

Options
jisabelle
jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
I can't go to sleep. This has been happening now for over a week.
Since I couldn't sleep I decided to walkon my treadmill for 11min.
This hasn't helped with getting me sleepy.
I still can't sleep and now I'm getting a headache and my eyes hurt because of it.

What do you do when you can't sleep?
Please share.

note-chamamille does nothing for me
warm milk- nothing :(

thanks for taking the time to look at this post and for your suggestions.

Replies

• em_lou007
    Options
    Hiya!

Sorry to hear you have problems sleeping. When i'm in the same situation I find reading helps - I wait until my eyes start to drop then put my book down and wait about a minute before switching off the light........

Good luck I hope you get some sleep soon xx :smile:
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that swears by this stuff:
    http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetail.cfm/ItemID/796104.0/CategoryID/13000.0/SubCatID/12095.0/file.htm

Hope sleep finds you soon :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    nice hot bath! snuggle in the quilt! watch day time tv..

good luck
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I always read. If I'm tired itmakes me drowsy ..... switch off light ..... and off I go ;-)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You should go see a doctor if this keeps up. They'll be able to figure out if it's just restlessness or if you're suffering from insomnia.
  • jnnfrrys
    jnnfrrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    does soft.. relaxing music help? Sometimes slow music helps trigger my sleeps on my nights like these. Good luck!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If you dont have major stressors playing with you maybe it is like my experience, I found that when I started on mfp and when I have made big changes to my diet and routine my sleep pattern became messed up, stick with your routine keep awake by day n your rhythm will even out... Eventually, if it is stress related- sort the stress hope this helps! Sleep well!
  • the_dragon
    the_dragon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am the same, it takes me ages to go to sleep even though sometime I am really tired.
    I can find myself still lying awake at 4am and I am up to face the day at 8am, and by then all I want to do is sleep all day.
    I generally have an over active mind, its always thinking about something even when I think I am not.
    Is anything on your mind that could be playing on your subconscious when its bed time?
  • supermanfan1986
    Options
    well don't exercise. lol the treadmill will not help. when I exercise I end up staying up longer too. because exercise actually gives you more energy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Cool air and warm blankets.

If all else fails... Benadryl.