Salads

Options
I have salads for lunch quite often. Each time varies, but in general I like to put:

lettuce
tomatoe
cucumber
red onion
avocado (20 - 30 grams only)
tuna
croutons (only 10 grams)
olive oil (only 2 grams)
balsamic vinegar

What do you put in your salads? I always like to try new things and salads can get boring if you don't change them up sometimes.

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have salads for lunch quite often. Each time varies, but in general I like to put:

lettuce
    tomatoe
    cucumber
    red onion
    tuna
    croutons (only 10 grams)
    olive oil (only 2 grams)
    balsamic vinegar

What do you put in your salads? I always like to try new things and salads can get boring if you don't change them up sometimes.
  • curlhair
    Options
    i make mine with lettuce, cucumber, black beans, avocado, and salsa - the salsa is usually enough of a "dressing" type thing but you can always add something else to it - i think kraft has a chile-lime vinagrette out.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Try black eyed peas that have been marinated in balsamic vinegar with some feta cheese. Yum, yum!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love salads with fruit and cheese. My current favorite is cranberries, apple, walnuts and gouda over romaine with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I also love blueberry, pineapple, and pecans with gouda. The cheese and nuts make it a little bit higher in calories but if you just use a little bit of each it's a meal that is high in fiber, protien and essential fats and it's very filling.

Another favorite is tomato, cucumber, spring onion and avocado with balsamic vinaigrette. YUM! I just got some home grown tomoatos and cucumbers and they are delicious!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I like to change up my salads along with the fruits of the season. In the summer I like a spring mix with strawberries, blueberries, maybe some pineapple and a raspberry vinegrette. Now for fall I will add apple, cranberries, pecans, walnuts, etc. If you have a Panera Bread nearby, take hints from their salads as they change them up, that's what I do :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I always order the big salad.

Yea....curious who pays for it MAX!! :grumble:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I always order the big salad.

Yea....curious who pays for it MAX!! :grumble:

He does, but he doesn't get the credit for it.:laugh:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    sometimes for quick taco salad i use the canned chicken in water and add some taco seasoning to that, mix it up and throw it on my lettuce with some green peppers, tomato, onions, and a little light french! DELISH
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The other night, I stir fried some eggplant, summer squash, mushrooms, with some spicy thai seasoning, and threw some spinach on top of that to steam, and laid it all out on a bed of romaine. It was good. I broiled a peice of salmon and had half a peice of 12grain whole wheat.

Nom Nom Nom!!!!!

It came in somewhere around 340 cals.
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options

lettuce
    tomatoe
    cucumber
    red onion
    tuna
    croutons (only 10 grams)
    olive oil (only 2 grams)
    balsamic vinegar

green leafy lettuce, 30z of dried cranberries, with 100g of with blue cheese or gorgonzola, with slliced almonds, and green onions. what a delicious salad. with the almonds it can get up there in the fat but since almonds are fantastic for you and cover your vitamins, i use them. i dont even use salad dressing because of the cheese and cranberries add so much flavor.
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love salads with fruit and cheese. My current favorite is cranberries, apple, walnuts and gouda over romaine with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I also love blueberry, pineapple, and pecans with gouda. The cheese and nuts make it a little bit higher in calories but if you just use a little bit of each it's a meal that is high in fiber, protien and essential fats and it's very filling.

Another favorite is tomato, cucumber, spring onion and avocado with balsamic vinaigrette. YUM! I just got some home grown tomoatos and cucumbers and they are delicious!

those sound amazing. i use cranberries but never thought about blueberies. how does that work? dried or fresh?
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Garbanzo beans, cheese, spritzers (balsamic or honey mustard) -- sliced deli meat sometimes, I do like my sister's salad though -- orange slices, cranberries, walnuts and some sort of sweetish dressing. Broccoli salad is good too!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options

those sound amazing. i use cranberries but never thought about blueberies. how does that work? dried or fresh?

I use fresh blueberries. Very delish.