most ridiculous workout vids you've seen?

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
sometimes in this fitness world some great things come along, p90x, turbofire, insanity, biggest loser, even tae bo. but then other times there are some ridiculous workouts and the one that tops my list has got to be the thug workout - playground (youtube it) now the exercises are actually good and challenging but the whole idea of 'thug" is so juvenile and to see all these grown men trying to fit the image and all is so ridiculous, however next time you feel like taking over the playground you may want to employ this work out.

what are some other funny/ridiculous ones you've seen

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Whheewww! LMBO! That is classic! I think the most ridiculous one I've seen and I bought it (shame shame) was Body Flex. It is so dumb. You do all of these weird facial movements and breaths and supposedly you will just melt the weight away. Ridiculous! lol. Glad I woke up :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I love Carmen Electra's aerobic strip teases and Belly dancing videos... Release your inner seductress!
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Oh man seriously that's a real workout? lol Ok I gotta go youtube it lol
  • tweety170
    Options
    Definitely has to be shakeweight! :)
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I came across one on youtube that was an 80's Jazzercise video... It is hysterical!!!!
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The local cable station in my home town had a "workout" show that came on in the afternoons. It was an 80 year old woman in a leopard print leotard who did these weird aerobics type things that she made up on the spot. She never once repeated a made up move and it was the funniest thing I have ever seen.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My mom used to do Richard Simmons "Sweatin to the Oldies"... GROSS! I'll admit, I do love the oldies...but I do NOT like Richard simmons in his nasty shorts!! My mom had at least 3 or 4 of his videos!

Another one I think its lame..which my dad would buy is Tony Little's Gazelle workouts. Yuck!

And my shameful favorite from the 90's was MTV's The Grind workout....hahaha.. does ANYONE remember this???
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it, but my local cable has a Kareoke workout. I can't imagine.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Cardioke! NO lie dancing and singing.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    goddes burlesque...lol the chick calls her hands dimond receptacles:laugh:
  • Capucine72
    Options
    Check this one out. Face lift exercises. lol
    http://www.slate.com/id/2281683/
    :laugh:
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Ok I'm not sure if I hit the right one, the first hit for Thug Workout was some skinny white guy doing pushups at the playground..weak lol

Now, the other one I saw was called "The 24 HR Ghetto Workout"...had these gangsta lookin' guys doing pullups and pushups on car bumpers, bus stops, curling trashcans....hilarious lmao
  • LesleyCupcakes
    Options
    I love Carmen Electra's aerobic strip teases and Belly dancing videos... Release your inner seductress!

Haha that 'workout' is hilarious! I think my fiancée would get more enjoyment out of it than me!! :P
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options

As entertaining as this is...it is more ridiculous! hahah...guilty pleasure along with brittany spears on my play lists!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Abi Titmuss of British Tabloid fame did one called 'Tone & Tease'.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442520/
    It is hilariously bad.

I do think the Ministry of Sound Workout DVD's fall under this category too. They are overly sexualised work outs with more emphasis on looking good when you're doing it than working out. Some of the movements are so funny.
    http://www.ministryofsound.com/magazine/fitness.aspx
    They are freaking hard and really unless you're a trained dancer you have no chance of keeping up with the early ones. I'm not sure about the later one's because I'm currently stuck on the first. :laugh:
  • ropedancer
    Options
    This is a little different, as it's not really meant to be serious, but John Green's "Fitness for Nerds" youtube video cracks me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H0ctnAL3jo
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm not sure if I hit the right one, the first hit for Thug Workout was some skinny white guy doing pushups at the playground..weak lol

Now, the other one I saw was called "The 24 HR Ghetto Workout"...had these gangsta lookin' guys doing pullups and pushups on car bumpers, bus stops, curling trashcans....hilarious lmao

lol i dont know , there should have been some big black dudes at a playground doin pullups
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My mom used to do Richard Simmons "Sweatin to the Oldies"... GROSS! I'll admit, I do love the oldies...but I do NOT like Richard simmons in his nasty shorts!! My mom had at least 3 or 4 of his videos!

Another one I think its lame..which my dad would buy is Tony Little's Gazelle workouts. Yuck!

And my shameful favorite from the 90's was MTV's The Grind workout....hahaha.. does ANYONE remember this???

Im such a nerd I like to do sweatin to the oldies LOL :blushing:
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWkPRSE-W4

Heehee...Jim Carrey impersonating the workout fitness DVD instructors! It's great!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Hah! I have those and they are so lame!

The original Buns of Steel. It works but it is so goofy.