how often do you weigh yourself

tracymorris1970
tracymorris1970 Posts: 4
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
hi all, when i was using the wii plus it was necessary to weigh everyday, it was quite frustrating to watch and now i am using this site and ea active i will only be weighing on a sat or sun morning.
what do you do ?

Replies

• HayesSanborn
    HayesSanborn Posts: 34 Member
    Twice a day, before bed and when I wake up.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Once a week. I do iy first thing Monday morning, that way, I am not as likely to slack off on the weekend!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Every morning as soon as I get up.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    I weigh myself Monday mornings after breakfast. Knowing that I am going to be weighing in Monday morning helps me to not over eat on the weekends. :)
  • Myself and the guys who work with me, weigh-in once a week to check our progress.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    once a week on Friday mornings
  • nesa98
    nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
    I weigh in everyday and the numbers always change.
    I need to just weigh in on Monday mornings - but I have become obsessive with the scale especially if I do not like the previous number :(
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    I try not to weigh myself more than once a week. If you are into losing weight in a slow, steady pace and weigh yourself multiple times during the week and don't see much progress that may have a negative effect. That is the case for me. I'm not sure how you look at it, but I think that once or twice a week should be sufficient.

3555945.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • nykodimus
    nykodimus Posts: 2 Member
    I weigh in everyday, first thing in the morning before hopping into the shower. Seeing that number right away keeps me in check all day. However most nutritionists and fitness experts recommend that you should weight yourself about once a week, due to how much your weight can fluctuate day to day under a variety of reasons. I read an article once that said, "people that weigh themselves daily, tend to be more likely to stick with their eating/fitness plan"

311351.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Daily to see what is going on but I only record my Saturday morning weigh in. I like to see if I need to push harder to hit my Saturday goal.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Maybe once a week...maybe.
  • Once a week and thats it....gives enough time to really get in good workouts and eat right to see some loss!!!
  • Once a week, if you're comitted to exercise routine and a healthy eating habits you can see better results, I don't like everyday weighing and being paranoid, it means something you're not doing right either eating too much!! Not exercising or simply paranoia, just relax and try to weigh in once a week at the same time.
  • jayshann
    jayshann Posts: 39 Member
    Once a week...
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    i weigh everyday even though i should not.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Once a week. I do iy first thing Monday morning, that way, I am not as likely to slack off on the weekend!

ditto
    (after bathroom trip and before breakfast *LOL*.. timing is everything)
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    once a week!
    Friday afternoons
  • I weigh myself every day but I only log it if its less than the previous weight I've recorded on MFP! Might sound mental but it keeps me on track and feeling positive! :)
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Once a week on Monday morning. I wake up go to the bathroom weigh and measure my self then work out and breakfast, it encourages me to to binge on the weekend and motivates me for the week!

I find my weight fluctuates during the week quite a bit so monday is my weigh day unless i go to the doctors in the middle of the week and then they weigh me to but I ignore it!
  • modelk
    modelk Posts: 15
    May sound crazy but I weigh myself when ever I feel lighter. for some reason sometimes I wake up and I actually feel like I may have lost weight so I will get on the scale....most of the time I'm right so really it's like once every two weeks or so.
This discussion has been closed.