Ingredients:

Protein Powder ~ 400 grams (14oz.)
Rolled Oats ~ 200 grams (7oz.)
100% Peanut Butter ~ 100 grams (3oz.)
Honey ~ 90 grams (3oz.)
Cocoa Powder ~ 30 grams (1 oz.)
1 Cup Non Fat Milk
Flax Seed

Notes: I use dark chocolate cocoa powder. I was able to make 10 bars. Btw I got this recipe from scoobysworkshop.com. You can go on there to watch the video. These bars taste awsome!

Mix protein powder, rolled oats, cocoa powder, pb and honey together. Add milk, shape into a "twinkie shape" bout 3.5" long.
Use flax seed as coating. Lay a sheet of wax paper down, layer with flax seed and roll bars on it to completly cover them.
Chill for 30 to 60 minutes. Last up to 7 days refrigerated and lasts for months in the freezer.

260 calories
15 calories from fat
35 grams of protein
21 grams of carbs

Replies

• misssuperstitious
    Options
    mmmmm! They sound great! Thanks for posting! I'll have to look into some powder and a scale, I've been meaning to do that for a while. Thanks again :wink:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    They sound great. I am spending a small fortune on protein bars at the moment (I admit it - I am a little lazy with food preparation and find it more convenient...) This will be a life saver.

Any recommendations on the protein powder or is standard whey ok?
  • Charrisse
    Options
    Have you ever made the no bake cow chip cookies? Oh they are so good and they have rolled oats, coco and peanut butter - wonde rif they will be similiar in tatse - yum!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    They sound good...If I'm feeling ambitious one day, I'll give them a try.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    They sound great. I am spending a small fortune on protein bars at the moment (I admit it - I am a little lazy with food preparation and find it more convenient...) This will be a life saver.

I used soy chocolate protein. It's personal preference. Whatever kind you use. I like to drink soy protein but whey would work as well.
  • myofibril
    Options

I used soy chocolate protein. It's personal preference. Whatever kind you use. I like to drink soy protein but whey would work as well.

Good stuff. Thank you.

I don't honesty care if they form well or not. It's what's in them that counts. 35 grams of protein and only 21 grams of carbs for 260 calories? You won't see me complaining ;)
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    goalseeker, thanks for the recipe. I'll give it a shot. I have a big container of protein powder and I really don't like the way it tastes as a drink. Maybe mixing some of it into this recipe will at least get me to not waste it. We do a lot of stuff outdoors, and are really active most days, so eating a bag of lettuce whenever we need a snack/boost isn't the most convienent thing for us.
  • imr302418
    Options
    :happy: Sounds awesome! Thank you goalseeker1988 for sharing the recipe. I cannot wait to try them! I'm not very fitness savvy. Can anyone tell me what protien bars do for you healthwise? I see them all over the place, but I really want to know how they help with diet and weight loss.
  • myofibril
    Options
    Mine were only 171 calories 29g protein same ingredients but water instead of milk. Bwa ha ha ;)

Hey, that sounds good as well. However, are these the ones that didn't form properly?

The substituition of water for milk could explain why Goalseeker's receipe binds together well but yours was more gloopy. Milk has casein, which is a good binding agent...
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    They sound good but 260 calories for one protein bar? Thats WAY too much for me... I'd rather eat a meal for that many calories... I think I will stick to my Fiber One 90 cal bars. Thanks for posting though!!! :)
  • myofibril
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what protien bars do for you healthwise?

It's just a convenient way to get protein into your diet more than anything else. You could get exactly the same effect from just eating "normal food."

However, when I'm at my desk or on the move I can't really be bothered to get out my knife and fork and start chowing down on a lentil salad
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    thanks for this, i just spent 20 dollars with a discount card on some bars at gnc, to get the same amount of protien for less money and less calories will be great
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Thank you for this recipe -- I bookmarked it so I could make it sometime.

Also, glad to see the negative posts removed. I guess someone was having a bad day and felt the need to be nasty. I guess she never learned if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. :frown:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    You guys are all welcome. Let me know later how they turn out for ya.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I will have to try soon! Thanks :)
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    You guys are all welcome. Let me know later how they turn out for ya.

Willlll do
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump - thanks for posting!!
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks , looks like this could be a good way to get rid of some choc mint protein powder i am not keen on
    Are they quite sweet? Hubby will like sweet!
  • kevin2406
    kevin2406 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    niiiice!!!