Music vs. Ebook

Options
When you're on the treadmill, bike or other monotonous exercise machine, do listen to music or ebook/magazine. Just curious. I always think I need music to motivate me, but maybe if it was a good story I would not pay attention to how hard I was working & wondering when it would be over.

Replies

• alyssa83202
    Options
    I like watching tv the best. They just renovated our gym and added a bunch of really cool equipment that has touch screen little tv monitors on most of the treadmills and ellipticals and that really helps me forget that I'm exercising lol! My second choice would be music. I've brought my kindle to the gym before, but I think it's harder to focus on reading while exercising than it is to watch tv or listen to music. Too much movement! lol
  • dnoah3
    Options
    I do both. I use my kindle while I work out on the eliptical for 45 mins then I switch to my ipod for the last 15 mins of my workout. I highly recommend the ebook!! It has made working out "enjoyable" if you call it that. LOL!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I definately work out harder to music, but I get bored much sooner. I can go on the elliptical for over an hour and it just flies by if I have an ebook. (but I am a reader by nature, so I am more partial to books and get sucked in pretty easy.)
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I guess I should have added this option...what about audio books?