TGIM! It's the Daily Thread...what are YOU up to today?

Options
Yes, you read that right...TGI MONDAY! I'm one of those rare guys who really loves Mondays! However...I did work all weekend so Monday is MY chance to relax.

I had a great weigh in this morning...great way to start the day! Today, I'm going to be working on cleaning out the large turtle tank, then I'll be preparing for the winter storm headed this way. What's up with you today?

Replies

• karenpinkchick
    Options
    Im going to the gym this afternoon then night shift tonight... nothing interesting!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I like Mondays too...it's a fresh start to the week. I only worked half the weekend...did my relaxing yesterday. Just the normal for me today...workout, go to work, come home and fix supper and play with my son. Maybe get a little walk in at lunch if the weather behaves.
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    I'm resting today. Tomorrow I'm doubling my workout sessions! My Feb goal is to lose 5 lbs :)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! Going to be a busy, busy one today. At work it is payroll day as well as the end of the month. Guess who's responsible for all that plus her daily stuff? Then after work my oldest & I will attend an informational meeting for incoming junior high students. What's happening to my baby!?!? I just finished my workout for the day. I'm not sure what we're getting with this huge storm tomorrow. We're right on the edge where we could get frozen solid or we could be looking at severe thunderstorms. Wouldn't even suprise me if we managed to get both!

Enjoy your Monday!!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am finishing my overnight shift and excited about starting my personal month of Love....I have a date with the gym at 8:30. Thinking about making something wonderful in the crock pot then getting sleep for work tonight. We are expecting yet another blast of arctic weather starting with ice and turning to snow today and tomorrow. Have a great day of rest Rick!
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all! You are all SOOOO beautiful!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Yes, you read that right...TGI MONDAY! I'm one of those rare guys who really loves Mondays! However...I did work all weekend so Monday is MY chance to relax.

I had a great weigh in this morning...great way to start the day! Today, I'm going to be working on cleaning out the large turtle tank, then I'll be preparing for the winter storm headed this way. What's up with you today?
    Going to do myC25K program this morning then it's off to the drapery work room and the upholstery shop. Lots of running around today. I like Monday's too!:smile:
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Hey Kathy...I'm a crazy Tx mom/ wife/ grandmother. Where do you live? Good job on your journey.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Well my Monday is over by the time yours is getting started. It was a very , very hot sunny day here in Sydney. I was up extra early (5.30am) to take my husband to work who had to fly interstate this week. Raced home and got my daughter to railway station(6.30am) for her to start her 12 hour work day. Then after a few chores drove across town (1hour) to my mum's to help clear out Auntie's unit, both live in independent units at nursing home but now auntie going into hostel. Hot day to be clearing and sorting a life time of memories. Trying to now cut down loved possessions to a few special items for in just one room. Then drove back home just made it before thick of peak hour. Grocery shopping, housework, phone calls, then managed to fit in my exercise before going to station (10pm) to pick up one very tired daughter. I'm now going to bed. Another hot day predicted for tomorrow and again I will go across town to help sort aunties possessions.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Not a big Monday fan, but I did have an awesome weigh-in today so it's looking like a better-than-usual Monday already.

Today, it's back at work. Start of a new semester at school which means a lot of confusion and energy. After work, it's cooking dinner before heading downstairs to begin working out on my treadmill/bike.

:)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Well it is a 10 minute workout to start things off. Then I have a 75 mile drive for a monthly corporate meeting. After that, it's any bodies guess where I'l end up from there. Have a great day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Zumba tonight with the girls! :drinker: <-- That's Gatorade. A lot of it!

Also on the agenda is laundry and buying cat food. We're getting snow tomorrow & Wednesday, so if I don't get the kitties some grub now, they'll probably eat my face while I'm sleeping.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    On the Quebec side this morning for the first of two days of Foreign Service training on "U.S./Canada-relations". Getting the quicky version of American history and the electoral system-- a bit of a headtrip for first thing Monday morning but one of the most interesting courses I've had to take due to my training so far. The differences between American/Canadian perspectives and history is really engaging so far, so it's been a good morning!

Afterwards, heading home to clean the disaster site that used to be my apartment. A busy week last week and a weekend away from the place have left it in roughly the same state that a toddler leaves a diaper ;P
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I am finishing my overnight shift and excited about starting my personal month of Love....I have a date with the gym at 8:30. Thinking about making something wonderful in the crock pot then getting sleep for work tonight. We are expecting yet another blast of arctic weather starting with ice and turning to snow today and tomorrow. Have a great day of rest Rick!

I really like that way of seeing things...'a date with the gym.' It sounds more enticing. I'm going to start saying that instead.
  • vixen325
    Options
    I am a newbe having bad day still sick to my stomach can't eat
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Ok so i know this was for Monday... is it "legal" to post a response on Thursday? So I'm a little s-l-o-w... Heh... Today I'm at work, focusing on food intake, finally bought a scale so i can actually track my weight, and looking forward to kickboxing tonight!