am i being unrealistic

Options
my goal is to loose 2 lbs per week till i get to my goal weight of 135...i have lost 9 lbs alone in the first three weeks of starting this plan combined w different exercise patterns....im hoping to reach my goal weight by this summer, about 4-5 months from now...

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    52lbs within' 4-5months...I don't see why it can't be achieved or close to it. As long as your eatin' right...and exercise right. You should be able to reach your goal :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem to unrealistic. However, as you lose more weight and get closer to your ultimate goal, the pounds will come off slower. Good luck! I'm trying to lose 23 before the summer so your goal is motivating me! Thanks
  • karimiller
    Options
    Your goal isn't unrealistic, but it's definitely lofty. Just don't set yourself up for disappointment because realistically you won't be able to maintain a 2 pound loss every week for 4-5 months. There are going to be weeks where you'll only lost half a pound or one pound. Be prepared for that mentally so you're not disappointed in yourself. Focus more on changing your eating habits and exercising so you'll be consistent with your weight loss. You might not be losing weight, but you'll be losing inches as long as you're working out and hitting the weights. Good luck!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Your body will lose weight at different speeds as you get closer to your goal. You lose weight quicker and easier in the beginning when you have more fat to lose, and it slows down later as you get closer to your goal and have less fat. So as you get closer to your goal, you're going to want to reduce the pace of your weight loss so that you continue to do it healthily.

I would focus on getting to your goal and staying there, not getting to your goal by a specific time. Let weight loss take it's course naturally and healthily. After all, this is a change that will hopefully last you your entire life. What's a little extra time to ensure it's done properly?
  • baileebeasst
    Options
    noo. to be honest. i feel like if you really sit your mind to it youu are able to do anything. keep up the good work!:happy:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It's why I take it one pound at a time.. .I'd love to have most of my weight off my the time I see my mom this fall, but if I can get half of it off, I'll be happy :) Just want to see the look on her face when I get off the plane ;)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    52 lbs in 4 - 5 months doesn't seem unrealistic. The initial phase of any weight loss plan is when everyone loses the most. It's when you're closer to your goal, as your body is adjusting to a healthier and more active lifestyle, when it may seem like the weight loss is tapering off. Just keep at it, and if in 4 - 5 months you haven't hit your goal weight, it doesn't mean you still weren't successful. By that time, fat and inches will have been reduced to the point where you may feel comfortably fit, even if it's a little above your target weight.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is unrealistic, as long as you keep in mind that their is a good chance you will hit a plateau at some point. Most people do, and you just have to keep working through them. (I myself just ended a brutal 1 1/2 month plateau.) Keep going every day, and never never never let yourself get hung up on what the scale says. If you keep that in mind, you will have true success that you can be proud of, regardless of when you hit your goal weight. Good luck!!!
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    It would probably help to make smaller goals in between so you don't get discouraged. You can do it though! Good luck!