The17 Day Diet

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has actually tried the 17 day diet and succeeded? I was looking into it and I was thinking about starting it in the upcoming weeks. I appreciate any responses

Replies

• Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think a more long-term lifestyle change would be more beneficial.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I agree with Trovan, You need to think about losing wieght and being healthy and a "lifestyle" change-not just a temporary thing. Besides whenever I think of a diet it makes me think of failure.

You have to replace easy bad habits, ie. eating out, quickie meals with healthier choices and good habits. It takes time, after all you didn't put on the weight in a couple of days right?
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    for sure a lifestyle change is more important. if it says 17 day diet that means 17 days to lose it and 7 days if that to gain it back
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I bought the book, but have not tried it. It looks very healthy from what I have seen on TV. It reminds me of the foods I ate when I was doing South Beach low-carb diet. That diet works very well. Unfortunately I am a sugar addict and didn't stay on it after 8 months of great success. My bad. Anyway I'd love to hear how you do if you start the 17 day diet. It sounds very doable.
  • tracyowens
    Options
    ok so i just signed up on this website, does anyone know if it works, if i stay under my caloreis will i lose the 2 lbs. a week i am aiming for?
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tracy, are you asking about the 17 day diet, or this website. Not sure.
  • pnutz121779
    Options
    I'm sorry if there is a miswording here. The 17 day diet is an eventual lifesyle change. There are 3 cycles that you go through and repeat until you get to your goal weight and cycle 4 is the system and the way you should eat that allows you to keep it off. It is not only dieting for 17 days and stopping. I thought more people would have known about it. Sorry
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I've seen this touted on Dr. Phil and other daytime talk shows but to be frank, I think it's a pretty clever way to sell a book. If you do your research you'l find NOTHING!! There are no outlines of the food plan, no hints, no tips - everything leads to the website to buy the book.

I think I'll wait and buy it at the second hand book stores - that's where the world's most infamous diet books always wind up.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    ok so i just signed up on this website, does anyone know if it works, if i stay under my caloreis will i lose the 2 lbs. a week i am aiming for?

If you stay UNDER your calories? No.