Mindless Eater

Options
This is my fourth day on myfitnesspal, and I'm realizing how much I mindlessly eat throughout my day. The food diary is great because it's making me THINK about what I put into my mouth (even those little gummy worms!). It is also holding me accountable to workout every day rather than every other day. Can't wait to see if I really lose 8 pounds in 8 weeks! :-)

Replies

• rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the site! Logging food can be a real eye opener, I've found that too. :)

In fact, there's a book all about this, called Mindess Eating. It's not very long, very interesting, and not at all dry or dull. Some really good ideas and information in there, too, about helping to cut back on mindless eating.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

Logging all your food is the single most important thing you can do.

You don't have to work out every day. It's recommended to take one or two days off per week.
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    I totally feel you there! Personally, being at home so much really hurt me regarding this subject... I would eat out of boredom so often! And I'd do the "mindless" thing especially when I had snacks laying around the house practically in front of me. Keeping track of the calories definitely has started to curb this habit. I'm trying to only keep healthier things around now (like veggies). Good luck in your journey :).
  • goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is what I discovered right away when I began logging my food. I could never work from home because I'd be eating all the time!