Super Bowl?!?

Options
I have only been watching my food intake for three weeks, and I came to a startling realization. Super Bowl is Sunday! The day where people come to my house to drown themselves in guacamole, meatballs and other unhealthy snacks! (though there is a vegetable tray on hand...)

I don't know how I am going to get through this day. I can't NOT eat, and I don't want to fall off the bandwagon.

Any tips?

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. We have the same thing here. I'll try to do some extra exercise in the morning and save up my calories. For the most part I'll try for moderation but will still probably indulge.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is not unhealthy..
    everything in moderation - stay away from deep fried!! If you are going to drink 1:1 alcohol:water
  • lefrance12
    Options
    2012650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW 194 Sept. 1, 2010
    CW 177 Feb. 3, 2011
    GW 170 Mar. 12 2011
  • cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Party at my place this year too. I plan on enjoying small servings sizes of most things...also a friend is bringing a veggie platter so I am going to try to fill up mostly on that. I also plan on doing a hardcore exercise in the am. Probably intervals...I hear if you do intervals of cardio you burn up to waaaay more throughout the day!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm having a cheat meal! I haven't had a drink in a long time and I am really looking forward to this day. I just made it a plan to do a really fast paced walk in the morning and make better decisions when it comes to the food I consume. Go stealers!
  • rosita76
    Options
    1. Check out "Skinny Ginas" website for some low-fat/low cal superbowl food alternatives
    2. Eat a LARGE HEALTHY MEAL before superbowl guest arrive
    3. Keep plenty of water, or your favorite low-or no cal beverage on hand for those "ooo that looks so good" munchie attacks.
    4. Make sure you work out that morning- Dont skip out. Even if you normally dont work out on the weekends, it will make you feel good that you did on that day, especially if you ate a few of the munchies that werent so good for you.
    5. If you do get some of the unhealthy stuff....stick to alit bit of each thing, so you have a variety- have lots of water next to you...and ENJOY each morsel of the bad stuff.

Do all those things and you will have burned some calories, eaten a healthy pre-game meal, kept hydrated and still indulged in alit of the bad stuff with lit or no guilt...hey you may not even want those munchies afterall. :)

Good Luck
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Can you say moderation? Will power? How badly do you want to lose weight? Keep it balanced!:wink:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is not unhealthy..
    everything in moderation - stay away from deep fried!! If you are going to drink 1:1 alcohol:water

Just make sure it's real guacamole! The stuff they sell in most stores barely even contains avocado. :noway:
  • cindyrella2010
    Options
    Wow, thanks, those are some great tips!

I hadn't heard about burning more calories by doing cardio in intervals, but it is worth a shot!
    I will probably be doing the same as you, Puggleperson, by doing a cheat meal (in moderation!). It will be almost impossible to log all that into the calorie counter anyway, too many homemade foods containing who knows what...

At least I won't worry about the alcohol, I stopped drinking it about six months ago and haven't had a taste for it in months.
  • nuts4steelers
    nuts4steelers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's like Christmas and Thanksgiving, you've got to plan. You can't get away from the food, so exercise early, keep filling up with water, eat and drink what you want in moderation, then focus on being extra careful the following few days. My problem is my weigh in day I set for myself is every Monday! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!7 will be heaven!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    party at our house too! My plan is to sleep in (no real breakfast), I have my long run, then I will eat something healthy but low-cal after my run (not sure what yet), leaving all my calories, basically, for the afternoon and evening. I am going to have a bloody mary and two lite beers, I am going to get at least one thin crust pizza hawaiian style, I love it and it has a lot fewer calories than regular crust with pepperoni.
    That queso dip will be tempting, maybe I will have a little with a lot of salsa and a few chips!
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    Its not the one day that will get you

Its the repeat offense that will get you every time

Moderation ....and going back to the diet that day after that's the tricky part. I know espescially if I get hung over....that I might go on a mini food binge

Is there going to be anyone there that is trying to keep the same lifestyle???? Might need a superbowl buddy ....er' somthin'