Snow, snow, snow, more snow!

Options
Wow,
Anyone seeing a complete stop in thier gym time due to the snow. We have 18+ inches and it is still coming down like crazy!

I don't mind the stuff, but this is a bit overboard I think.....

Replies

• jfornash
    jfornash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is ridiculous and it is totally messing up my "routine". :grumble:
  • jfornash
    jfornash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is ridiculous and it is totally messing up my "routine". :grumble:
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When we got dumped on I just swapped my gym time for snow shoveling, worked well. I'd rather not be on the road when I don't have to in bad weather, though jumping out of bed at 730 am because the plows were here to work on my road and I had to move the vehicle meant I was on some pretty slick roads for a change.
  • karen415
    Options
    yea its awful here in South of Boston, But however, look at the bright side, shoveling burns tons of calories and its great exercise!!!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nope...I'm in Fl, it's about 75 out today :)
  • JusVonnie
    Options
    i hope my gym isnt closed tomorrow, i wanna Zumbaaaa! lol
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yup, no way am I going out there in 2 feet of snow! I'll do a few Exercise TV routines at home or just play Wii.
  • tater8589
    Options

I am so jealous. I'm stationed in Colorado and on base the wind chill is -43! I'm freezing my Texas buns off.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We didn't get snow, just lots of ice. Most everything is shut down - the schools and the banks. I haven't (and won't) leave the house. I put my bike on the trainer and watched How Stuff is Made. I seriously hate daytime TV. Boring!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    We didn't get much but it's blowing so much that we have blizzard conditions and the interstate is a solid sheet of ice. It should be a fun drive home.
  • Lissette73
    Options
    I hear ya.. wish it was something we could control... I'm from Chicago and it's still coming down... traffic is terrible and wind is brutal... Well stay inside and warm...
  • determinedx3
    determinedx3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Um yeah start shoveling bahahahahahah! OR plyometrics is a good way to get it in
    :tongue:

Or if there are things that need done around your house and you snowed in, now is a good time to do that...

hehehehe

Just sayin
  • goadster
    Options
    I'm movin to Florida! Lol.... I like Altamont/kisimee area as well as orlando and daytona, never really been anywhere else there, but I know I like the weather better
  • goadster
    Options
    I know right where ft. C is, drove by there many times
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Orlando & Daytona are nice. I'm in between Orlando & Miami :) Stay warm
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Days like today make me really miss living in Fl. =/
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Where I live in Colorado it was below 0 the last three days, so I haven't been out to run or walk since Saturday and it's really hurt me this week. So today, I sucked it up, packed a gym bag and am going to try the dreaded treadmill after work!
  • vixen325
    Options
    We have been having 2 storms a week my daughter has missed 2 days of school yesterday we were in a frozen land not fit for beast or man(lol) today one could not even tell we had 3/4 inch of ice over everything my poor bushes