Turbo Fire users....

Options
Pro's, con's......do you really like it.....is it super hard....is it worth the money.....??
Thinking of purchasing to add to my routine....I'm kinda in a slump with the gym and want something to turn it up a notch....

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Look forward to doing it instead of the usual 'workout dread'. Great music!
  • Bexster88
    Options
    I love it!!! The only thing I caution you about is if you have bad knees and can't do a lot of jumping exercises, you might not enjoy the cardio much if your knees/hips/ankles tend to bother you. The resistence band toning workouts that are included are really awesome too!! The 10 minute abs kills me everytime!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    The music is great, the workouts are intense. I LOVE the HIIT workouts, especially the 20 minute ones. The music is awesome! I love that there are so many different discs, helps fight the boredom. Each workout has a 'new to class' version that will break down the moves for you. You still burn mega calories no matter the class you choose. It's like TurboJams on crack. I went back and did TJ last week, and it felt so slow compared to TF LOL But I like 'em both!

I say it's worth the money, and that's the biggest con, is the cost :) I bought off ebay, but I think they are copies because they won't play on anything but the laptop and my portable DVD player :/
  • flynabster
    Options
    Well, my knees can give me problems, but guessing I can do a sorta lower impact.....??
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am a pretty big guy (with a bad knee) and I really enjoy it. I tore an ACL a few years ago and am able to do all the workouts. There is a "modifier" on each workout and she demonstrates how to do the moves with low impact- BUT not low intensity. That is just one of the reasons I am able to do this workout.

There are several cycles to this program. There is a Turbo Fire Prep Program which lasts 9 weeks. There is a 12 week TF program which can be "upgraded" to a 20 week program with 5 or 6 additional workouts. Finally there is a Chalean Xtreme and TF Hybrid which combines these two workouts.

Another feature on the TF workouts is the "New to Class" option. It completes the workout in segments and Chalene explains and demonstrates the upcoming segment. I tried this on a couple and then decided just to jump in and make the mistakes along the way.

Good luck in your decision.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think it's totally worth it! I did the 20 week program and lost 18 lbs and 8 inches. I love the music and I crave the amount of sweat I get from doing the workouts. After I completed my first round I started Insanity and my cardio endurance is so much higher. 60 minutes of nonstop cardio several times a week will positively affect your stamina.

Don't walk, run to buy Turbo Fire!!! I swear you'll be glad you did!
    Sharon