Spinning/Cycling Shoes

Options
I noticed some of the other girls in my spinning class has special shoes that clip on to the pedals. Are these really effective? I'm considering them because I generally get going too fast at least once a class and slip off my pedals and smack the back of my calf with it. Other than staying on the pedals, are there any other benefits?

Replies

• Toaster88
    Options
    I ride bikes, and use clipless (ignore the name, they clip) pedals. Not only do your feet stay planted, but you also pull the back pedal up on the upstroke, working different muscles and increasing your power.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Yes! They make a huge difference. I spin regularly, (4 times weekly). They make a huge difference for speed! I definitely recommend getting cycling shoes. You will be able to tell a huge difference!
  • tlkoehl
    Options
    Also they help you keep proper alignment when pedaling. I got a pair and once you are use to them they are VERY easy to use, you can even get the clip pedals for your own bike and use it outside. I definitely recommend practicing that one though before you venture to far from the house. BUT they are worth it and a great investment.
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    SPINNING SHOES ARE AWESOME!! GET THEM. YOU WILL FEEL A TOTAL DIFFERENT WORKOUT WITH THEM ON. GOOD INVESTMENT.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i wear them you get alot more of a workout ....... i like pearl izumis they seem to fit me best .