Weight Control and Pregnancy

Options
Hi! I am 22 weeks pregnant. I am 5'6' and currently at 167. My doctor only wants me to gain 1/2 lbs a week from now on. How many calories should I be intaking? I am doing aerobics 5x's a week for 20-30 mins. at a time. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Try babyfit.com its a website for pregnant moms and after. Its about weight control. Ive always heard the rule that you need an extra 300 calories during pregnancy thats it
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Try babyfit.com its a website for pregnant moms and after. Its about weight control. Ive always heard the rule that you need an extra 300 calories during pregnancy thats it
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd baby and during this last pregnancy I worked out all the time. EAT when you are hungry and REST when you are tired. Don't overeat on the bad stuff and the rest will work itself out. You are pregnant!! Whatever you do you will always feel like a hippo or something until this is over. I sure did. Give yourself time to heal after delivery then get back on the band wagon. Until then, don't stress too much about that scale.
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd baby and during this last pregnancy I worked out all the time. EAT when you are hungry and REST when you are tired. Don't overeat on the bad stuff and the rest will work itself out. You are pregnant!! Whatever you do you will always feel like a hippo or something until this is over. I sure did. Give yourself time to heal after delivery then get back on the band wagon. Until then, don't stress too much about that scale.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor for more specific information or for a referral to a nutritionist who can help you figure out exactly how much you should be eating and can even give you meal plans.
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Make sure that you change your daily calories to the maintenance. Then add 300 to that number. I had mine on weight loss and changed it to the maintenance and it is working for me so far. However I am only five weeks preganant. I am going to talk to my doctor about it when I go. I am worried about the same thing. I don't want to gain more than I should, but I want to make sure that I have a healthy pregnancy. Food luck!