Best way to burn 500 + calories

Options
Does anyone have any advice on the best way to burn at least 500 calories between 30 to 60 mins? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Well, I'm a big girl but the best way for me to burn alot is interval training or circuit training of some sort. Like Insanity or Turbo Fire. Also Zumba! I can get 750 on a good day. It depends on the music and instructor. Good luck and hope that helps some :)
  • b_tari
    b_tari Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna agree on Zumba! I normally burn at least 500 calories though with most of my (cardio) workouts. Just remember that the more you move your body, the more calories you burn. That being said, you can take most cardio workouts and burn 500+ calories if you want, just depends on how much you put into it.
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    running does it for me. I can burn 450-500 in about 40 mins and that walking at a 4.0 for 10 min of that.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Spin class!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Running or the eliptical trainer
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy on the wii... it's super fun! it's basically interval or curcuit training.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Kettle bell training is said to be one of the highest burning exercises.
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    interval training for sure. I run the track for 2 laps, then walk for 1, strength training for 3 minutes, and repeat. this will blast the heart rate and calories for sure.:wink:
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Turbo Kickboxing or turbo jam.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I burn 600 in 50 min on ellptical
  • Switching up cardio and resistance between a stationary bike and an elliptical machine...they're both great for cardio, and you can up the resistance to help tone and build muscle (NOT BULK UP, though) while working off the fat with cardio.

Listen to music, bring your phone, watch TV...and the gym isn't boring at all!
  • lucky25416
    lucky25416 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Running! or turbo kickboxing!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I burn about 100 calories a mile on my bicycle i can easily do 12-15 miles an hour :)
  • susioryan
    Options
    Snowshoeing if you live in a wintery area.
  • MuseumMonkey
    Options
    Cross-country skiing or swimming are probably the only ways I could manage that. The resistance level I usually use on the elliptical would take me past 500 calories in an hour, but I can't keep it up for that long! It's just...not fun.