What to Do This Month?

Options
Over the past year I have lost over 3 stone. I then put on a stone over the Christmas period and am now slowly losing it again. I have about 7lb to lose.
Basically, I have a jam packed month ahead of me and don't know what to do.
Next week is my birthday and I have two parties/meals to attend (popular me, yeah) this will include rich food and alcohol.
The week after, I am to go to London for a tourist weekend, and imagine there will be more dining out there.
The week after, I am on holiday in Lanzarote, where we will be eating out every night.

What should I do? I don't feel like going out at all for my birthday, because I have done so well to lose some of the weight I have put on. I know the option is, eat salad, but we are going to a chinese restaurant - so there will be no salad as I know it. Also, I will be expected to drink - as my friends are planning to take me out clubbing. I will also be eating birthday cake.
The London weekend is a birthday treat, so more indulgence will occur, as with the holiday.

What is best to do? Not eat, or eat as little as possible- or go for only healthy options and no booze? Or, should I eat what I like in moderation- as I am only 21 once, and only go on holiday once a year- and then begin the diet again after all this is over.

In between these events, I will still be dieting, so five days of dieting vs two days of not. Although the week on holiday, is a week on holiday- but I will be swimming every day.
What to do? Sorry for the long post! xxx

Replies

• gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    how many pounds in a stone ????? aren't all stones different????? lol
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I say live it up. Like you said you only turn 21 once. You'll get the weight off.
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    how many pounds in a stone ????? aren't all stones different????? lol

In English measurements each stone is equal to 14 pounds. So the 7lb I need to lose is half a stone ^^
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I'd say workout a lot, and try to do your best to keep your eating in check. In order to gain 1 lb, you have to consume 3500 extra calories... that's a lot of extra calories. So if you can try and keep your portions under control and exercise, you might be ok :)
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was recently in London. I ate what I wanted just made sure to not over-eat. I also drank quite a bit. I stuck with bacardi and diet cokes. I only gain 2-3 pounds in that week. (Most I think was water-weight because of the sodium intake) I lost it all plus more within a week of being back at home. Another key thing was I did tons of walking for site-seeing. I didn't jump on the Underground except for twice. Instead I walked everywhere. You turn 21 once....live it up!
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    These are things that will come up over the course of the rest of your life. You need to live with making the right decisions that are best for you. Eat what you would like to, but do so in moderation while trying to make a good choice. For example: Chinese - Chicken and Broccoli isn't too bad. :) There is almost always a way to eat what you want but still make a good decision without just having a salad. Most salads at restaurants end up having more calories then other items on the menu.

Have fun! You do only turn 21 once and you'll have to make these types of decisions in the future. :)