JM 30-Day Shred

Options
So I just 'downloaded' the 30-day shred...

I'm 5'6'' 138lbs but in awful shape (I don't exercise, but am trying to get fit..).

I only finished 9 minutes of this video and had to stop! Anyone else struggle with this???

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I did in the beginning. it's a tough workout. however, if you see it through, you'll be SHOCKED at your endurance & strength.
    Im on day 29 (straight) and it's INCREDIBLE how much stronger i am. When i first did level 1, i nearly puked afterwards. Today, i used level 1 as my WARMUP for level 3. That's how much it changes your fitness level in such a short time!! power through :)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i had to stop at 15..and totally failed the push ups.. but it's ok, we will get better, we just need to keep pushing ourselves
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    The first time I did it, I stopped at 7 minutes. The second time I did substantially more of the workout (I didn't push so hard the first 7 minutes the second time!).
  • jillinthbox
    jillinthbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I could barely do the modified pushups!!!
  • mmdawe
    mmdawe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 and I can promise you that it gets better. I struggled through the workout and had to take many breaks the first couple times and I have been working out. If you find it too hard try it without weights and take breaks whenever you need. Or you could aim at nine minutes this week, ten next and so on. Remember any exercise is better than no exercise! You can do this!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    the first 3 days of every level i curse like a sailor throughout it and when she repeats the moves i usually drop my handweights through them and just do the movement as much as i can. she's tough for sure! i'm at day 6 of level 2 and i still take rests through it. she wants your heartrate up - just do your best and keep moving! you can do this!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just moved up to level 2 and it kicked my butt! It gets easier and your body adjusts really fast! Keep it up I have never had a workout make me feel like this one does and it really works. I only do it 3x a week and I see results not only in weight loss but muscle tone as well!!
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I'm on day 20 just started level 3. OMG I thought I was going to die the first time I did this video. Now, I'm loving it! The first day is really hard of any level. Once you push through it, you realize how much better you feel! It really is an awesome work out and you will see how much you have changed since day one! Good luck and keep going!
  • jillinthbox
    jillinthbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How do you know when to bump up to the next level?

Do you use the 10-day of level one, 10-day of level two, etc., or are you doing it based on rigor?
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    push yourself:wink: the first time, I did it for 5 minutes. However, the second time I push myself to complete it. It was hard, but I told myself I could do it. By day the second week, it becomes easier. The push ups were a major challenge, but try to complete at least 2, and next time try more. You can do it.:smile:
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I JUST did my first day of 30 Day Shred tonight. I am 298 lbs and 5'9" and I did it all the way through. Dragging...at some parts but managed to suck it up and finish. It is hard but, the more you do it....I am sure it gets easier!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I watched it first before I attempted it. Piece of cake I thought.

I lasted 4 minutes.

I took up snow shovelling instead.
  • kristinmichele1215
    kristinmichele1215 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 this time around. I did make it all the way through the 30 days once or twice last year, though! Everyone is right. Day 1 of each level is a total nightmare. By the 3rd day of each level, you can really tell a difference! Stick with it, it's amazing for endurance and strength and fitness training ;) Good Luck!
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i couldn't get through it either! i did it for three days in a row and couldn't manage to get through it completely even once :( i wasn't even using weights! i have bad asthma though so those jumping jacks KILL me. I also can't do the modified push ups. i actually started doing wall push ups instead. i haven't tried it again in almost a month because it was so discouraging!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2, and day 1 I had to stop it after 15 minutes and go back to it an hour later :blushing:

But today I finished the whole thing! With a few breaks...

JM is not fooling around.