Shiitake mushrooms

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for eating these that *don't* involve soy sauce?

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Add them to miso soup.
    Sautee them with bok choi, sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
    Top your pizza with them.
    Make shiitake mushroom soup.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The kabobs recipe on that site looks perfect. Thanks!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    UH - I love plain white mushrooms and baby bellas but I can't eat shiitake or cremini. I know the Clean Eating magazines have tons of mushrooms involving mushrooms - perhaps some of those include shiitake. There are some recipes on their website eatcleandiet.com or look for the magazine in stores. I bought mine at Target. You could probably always use shiitake mushrooms in place of any other mushroom in a recipe
  • jessieinblue
    Options
    I think baby bella and cremini are the same thing . . . But thanks for the suggestion, I will check out the site :)
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    I love plain white mushrooms and baby bellas but I can't eat shiitake or cremini.
    Cremini and baby bellas are the same mushroom. Actually the only difference between white button, cremini/baby bella, and portobello is age, they are all the same species.

Anyway, I love mushrooms. They are great sauteed with olive oil (or butter, if you are feeling decadent) and some seasoning.
  • jessieinblue
    Options
    Anyway, I love mushrooms. They are great sauteed with olive oil (or butter, if you are feeling decadent) and some seasoning.

I am usually feeling decadent enough to sautee mine in half oil, half butter. They are like candy, seriously. But I've never tried it with shiitake.