what is eating clean?

Options
I searched for that and got a lot of different answers... I always thought it was no animal products. (great for those who can do it, but not for me)

What is clean eating to you?

would you consider my diary clean? (recently) ?

Replies

• kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    your diary look pretty clean to me. instead of the kettle popcorn I would just have air popped. nice job!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    No animal products I think is vegetarian! :laugh:

Anyway, eating clean I think is avoiding over processed CRAP, like, the longer the ingredient list the less clean it is - I think clean foods have one ingredient - the name of the food. Organic foods that are pesticide free. I THINK meats can be clean - like free range chickens or grass fed beef raised without antibiotics and other drugs.

Clean eating is food your body can use readily and break down without having to remove chemicals, and forming free radicals and other problems.

I think...
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    same just the kettle corn is not but if that is your only indulgence why not
  • nilyam75
    Options
    As far as I have read it means to not have any processed foods, no white sugar, any white flour, no artificial sweetners....so basically nothing that has more than 4 ingredients in it. This is some of the things that I can remember...hope that helps a lil:)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    no animal biproducts is a vegan lol
  • sbwildman
    Options
    Eating clean doesn't mean you have to eliminate animal products... you just have to eat things that are natural. That means no processed foods or artificial flavorings, and if you REALLY want to be clean-- no refined sugar or regular salt, it has to be sea salt. "Clean" food labels will only have a handful of ingredients: all natural, nothing man-made.

I eat clean most of the time but it can be hard if you're eating out or eating at a friend or family member's house.

If you want more info-- check out www.cleaneatingonline.com and Clean Eating Magazine.

Hope this helps!! :happy:
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    If you eat :
    - nothing with a face, you are a vegetarian
    - no red or white meat, just fish, you are a pescatarian
    - if you eat nothing with a face, dairy, eggs, lard etc you are a vegan

Clean eating means your food is all fresh ingredients, if it says "bleached, enriched, high fructose corn syrup" or things with a ouch of chemical names and preservative - you are not eating clean.
  • daliberti
    daliberti Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is a book called "The Eat-Clean Diet", here is a link to what it actually is: http://www.eatcleandiet.com/what_is_the_eat-clean_diet.aspx There are a few different books that have ideas and recipes depending on your situation; one for kids and families, one for men, ect. It doesn't tell you to count calories or keep track of what you eat, but more like WHAT you eat. Eat a lot of fresh produce, and eating nothing that is processed. This particular one suggests eating lean protein like bison, tilapia, chicken, eggs, and ground turkey. I've made several recipes out of the family and kids book and they are delicious. Many people lose weight just by doing this because they are making themselves healthier. You basically cleanse your body of all the bad stuff that has been fed to it over your lifetime.

I didn't look at your food diary, but if you just read about this, it should tell you pretty quickly if you are eating clean or not. I think the recipes are delicious!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Thanks, everyone... yes very helpful info!

Mjd0109, I love that explanation, thanks!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, trying to eat 100% clean is total insanity :laugh:

:tongue: :wink: :happy:
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    To me it would be no processed foods.