If every day were like today.

Options
When I eat all of my calories it says if every day were like today you would weigh________. Well thats not what I want to weigh. I want to lose weight, yet if I eat less calories it tells me I'm starving myself. So i'm a little confused.

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    MFP won't let you eat fewer than 1200 calories per day regardless of how much you want to lose. 1200 calories is the minimum you can eat while still giving your body enough fuel to function properly. Not everyone can lose weight as quickly as others while staying healthy. It's just a part of everyone being different.
  • elassey
    elassey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused -- are you saying that the weight it is telling you would weigh more than you want to weigh (i.e. you want to lose more than that?)

All it's telling you is that if you ate ### of calories every day, in five weeks you would weigh that amount. If you watch that number, it should go down every week or so.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more than 1200 calories every day, more if you're exercising. MFP starts you with a deficit. If every day were like today, you'd weigh _____ in 5 weeks. It will say a different number every day. Make sure you are doing it at the end of the day when you're done eating.
  • catofisis
    Options
    Isn't that forecast set at 5 weeks time from now? So if you want to lose more weight, it will take longer. The number should start dropping as you lose though!
  • SophisticatedLady
    Options
    It usually says "you would weigh __ in 5 weeks" or something like that. You may not want to weigh that much as a goal, but you also want to lose weight at a steady, healthy pace. It's just telling you that if you ate like that everyday you could expect to make x progress in five weeks.
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    If you're sticking to the plan and it's projecting no weight loss in 5 weeks you need to go in and re-set your goals...you probably made a mistake somewhere when you set them.
  • eagleye58
    eagleye58 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your input.