DO you trust your pals?

Options
do you trust them to be honest with you when your not doing so good on your diet?or on the workouts?or that maybe youre not trying hard enough?.what do you expect from your pals?

Replies

• Phoenyxtears
    Options
    I do. That's what they are there for: accountability and support.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I do. That's what they are there for: accountability and support.

Agreed.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm honest. I'm not mean but I'm honest. "Tomorrow is a new day" can be said honestly without being rude.....=] I love my friends.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I expect my friends to understand that this is a journey that will have successes and failures. I expect support and not judgment. Suggestions, not accusations. But I'm sensitive and get my feelings hurt easily. :smile:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A MFP friend is here to tell you when you are doing good or bad, to be your motivator and supporter. I trust mine.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I expect people around me to give it to me straight w/no chaser. I don't have thin skin so I can take it. Only person who would is my hubby and my oldest son. Everybody else wouldn't say jack.
  • misskelly121
    Options
    I get enough criticism in person, so I need my friends on here for the support and motivation. I would expect them to tell me to get my butt in gear if I wasn't doing good, but in a nice way.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew. I live in a world of sedentary individuals who snub me for my lifestyle and would be pretty darn happy if I ended up fat and lazy. I'm okay with it; it has made me a stronger person because I've had to rely on inner strength rather than the support of others. But supportive friends would be so amazing once in awhile!

*Edited to add....my MFP pals have been AMAZING. They have given me a boost like nothing I've ever had before!*
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well I would hope so. I really hate for people to sympathize with me when I'm struggling. That doesn't help me at all! I like tough love. Kick my butt is what I want. Since you're one of my "pals" I expect it from you!
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you should know some people think Im mean for saying the truth .
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    not sure i just moved here to ft lauderdale and dont really have any friends yet.
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    You can motivate without being critical or mean about it. "Hey awesome job on working out on a harder intensity this time! Shows that you are improving and building muscle! Watch out for that cheese though!" for example lol!!!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    In this particular situation, I don't think it's mean. It's what I need to hear! :wink:
  • outkast1969
    Options
    i do trust them but and there is always a but! i dont see alot of cheat days listed.. i have been faithful to trying to eat better but i dont want to burn myself out..... im seeing a cheat day sooon...
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    are you trying to say im not doing good enough? lol jk
  • ababygrace
    Options
    For the most part we are all here for the same reason. I like to hear the truth as well as encouragement. So far I have received that and it helps motivate me to continue this journey.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Because they are enablers themselves. Truth hurts. Some people just need to remove their blinders and realize that those pats on the backs didn't do ish for them but continue to help them remain where they are. Thats not motivation. I don't even see that as being supportive unfortunately. I hate to see people responses to someone messing up starting off with " yanno I did the same thing, but tomorrow is a new day." ummm excuse me? Tomorrow doesn't matter if today is being dealt with because it will happen again. Help this person face their demons.

I don't pat on the back. I motivate you by giving you food for thought, by challenging you and trying to get you to focus on the truth.
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Because they are enablers themselves. Truth hurts. Some people just need to remove their blinders and realize that those pats on the backs didn't do ish for them but continue to help them remain where they are. Thats not motivation. I don't even see that as being supportive unfortunately. I hate to see people responses to someone messing up starting off with " yanno I did the same thing, but tomorrow is a new day." ummm excuse me? Tomorrow doesn't matter if today is being dealt with because it will happen again. Help this person face their demons.

I don't pat on the back. I motivate you by giving you food for thought, by challenging you and trying to get you to focus on the truth.
    thanks for speaking my thoughts:wink: