what's?????

Options
one thing you've learned along the way????
Recipe?
exercise tip??
habit?
good food??
good drink?????

what's that one thing you'd love to share that you've learned along the way on your adventure?????

Replies

• linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1. Oatmeal is the most filling, most low-cal breakfast out there. 150 cals if you only add splenda and cinnamon
    2. Ice water+couple splashes lemon juice+sliced cucumber+splenda = quenching drink that makes you feel like you get to drink something tasty
    3. Zumba is the most fun I've had exercising. E.V.E.R.
    4. My avoid-that-snack-and-remind-yourself-you-don't-need-to-eat-right-now mantra: Don't sacrifice what you want MOST for what you want at the MOMENT
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    The thing I learned is that I'm not alone in this 100+ lbs loss goal.
  • Charrisse
    Options
    Hopefully my new habit - to do 1 sort of exercise per day - even if its just 10 crunches. Who cant make time to do 10 crunches or 60 seconds of planks.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've learned even if you've hit your goal weight you don't magically stop obsessing about calories or hitting the gym. Now I just set different goals-like running a half marathon instead of worrying about how many calories. Now I feel strong enough to tackle even bigger obstacles.

Recipe: anything that makes me actually feel better after eating it. Yogurt gives me energy. Protein drinks fill me up after workouts. Found out I like bananas and peanut butter lol.

Exercise tip: always change it up. Your body gets bored and you get bored. Since I've tackled kickboxing and spin class I'm now doing distance running and strength training.

Habit: exercise has become a habit. I should hope so after a year, but then I don't have kids or many distractions either.

I wouldn't call it a food necessarily but I've incorporated ground flax seeds into my diet with all the benefits it has and dark chocolate (yum!) instead of milk chocolate.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The longer you wait to have your first sweets of the day, the easier it is to limit your intake. At least that how it is for me. Once I get sugar I want more of it.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you don't PLAN to eat healthy, you won't. Must be prepared.

Plus like above poster said: ZUMBA!!!!
  • leslieaht
    Options
    "What is the healthy choice?" - I ask myself that every time I walk into the kitchen, pantry or restaurant. Once you figure out what it is, it is easier to do it.
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone
    I'm new on this adventure
    and reading what everyone is posting gives alot to think about
    and a whole lot to learn
    thanks for the info
    and keep them post happening
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    I've learned even if you've hit your goal weight you don't magically stop obsessing about calories or hitting the gym. Now I just set different goals-like running a half marathon instead of worrying about how many calories. Now I feel strong enough to tackle even bigger obstacles.

Recipe: anything that makes me actually feel better after eating it. Yogurt gives me energy. Protein drinks fill me up after workouts. Found out I like bananas and peanut butter lol.

Exercise tip: always change it up. Your body gets bored and you get bored. Since I've tackled kickboxing and spin class I'm now doing distance running and strength training.

congrats on the butting out!!!!! I saw your ticker!!!
    love your tips
    thanks
    Habit: exercise has become a habit. I should hope so after a year, but then I don't have kids or many distractions either.

I wouldn't call it a food necessarily but I've incorporated ground flax seeds into my diet with all the benefits it has and dark chocolate (yum!) instead of milk chocolate.
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    The thing I learned is that I'm not alone in this 100+ lbs loss goal.

totally not alone
    here to the goal is 100
    we can do it
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    "What is the healthy choice?" - I ask myself that every time I walk into the kitchen, pantry or restaurant. Once you figure out what it is, it is easier to do it.

I'm learning and reading lots of labels
    so true
    the secret really isn't a secret
    it's just knowing what to do

my daughter does karate and the one lesson she has learned
    is .....
    there is no secret to karate
    but practice

similar approach
    learn it and practice
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    Hopefully my new habit - to do 1 sort of exercise per day - even if its just 10 crunches. Who cant make time to do 10 crunches or 60 seconds of planks.

good idea
    I've not exercised in two days
    cause my goal was to exercise for four days
    think I should step it up and do for five but for now keep three days simple and easy
    and the other days walk lots
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    If you don't PLAN to eat healthy, you won't. Must be prepared.

Plus like above poster said: ZUMBA!!!!

thinking of looking into zumba--it's at the gym I just have to do it

being prepared is my weakness
    gotta find a way to do it
  • Lisamariemlt
    Options
    The longer you wait to have your first sweets of the day, the easier it is to limit your intake. At least that how it is for me. Once I get sugar I want more of it.
    totally true!!!
    and so far so good today
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options

thinking of looking into zumba--it's at the gym I just have to do it

If it's at a gym that you already pay for, you GOTTA try it! Everyone I've talked into going loves it. It's so much FUN and such a good workout at the same time. How can you beat that? Good luck!:love: