what's your favorite kitchen gadget??

Options
I love to collect kitchen gadgets! What are yours?

Some of my faves include:
-Zyliss garlic press
-Vitamix blender
-Hand blender
-Silpat mat for non-stick cooking/baking in the oven
-Fasta Pasta for cooking pasta in the microwave - no need to use huge pot of water or to watch the stove!
-Microplane zester
-Kitchenaid stand mixer

And now I'm waiting for a kitchen scale to arrive - excited!

Would love to hear what gadgets you find indispensable! :)

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My microplane, my citrus press and my tea leaf diffuser.
    These are just three of my favorites.
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love my spirooli (not sure of the spelling) but you use it to make zucchini into "raw spaghetti"

I couldn't live without my two bread machines because I make all my pizza and breads from scratch, organic, even though I don't eat them, the others do. I made two loaves of french bread this afternoon. I have a problem with my shoulder so the machine saves my from kneeding. I just use it to mix and raise, then I shape and bake in the oven.

Yes, I love my kitchen scale and find that I use it more than I could imagine.

I agree that the garlic press comes in quite handy since I use garlic most every day. I like how small it makes it compared to what I could do mincing with a knife.

Oh, and my ceramic knives, they slice like butter !!!

I use my food processor every day as well as my VitaMix and don't which one I would choose if I could only have one!

I spend hours in the kitchen every day so I told my husband that he has "his tools" and I have mine.

I guess I could go on an on because cooking and baking is my passion. My mixer burned out on me yesterday so I guess I'll be looking for another one. Ha :noway:
  • MrsDea
    Options
    My Jack Lalanne Red express Juicer ...it' the best.
    I would like a food processor
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The gadget I love and use the most? My microwave! :-p
  • k8smama
    Options
    Not really a "gadget", but I love, love love my cast iron skillet! It's really well seasoned so you barely have to add any fat to the pan when you're cooking in it and everything that comes out of it tastes better!!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A knife isn't a gadget, but I have this nice big paring knife that I use almost every day to cut up fruit. It works like a dream and only cost 99 cents!

My favorite proper gadget is definitely the garlic press.
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    Gadgets and machines

My Keurig milk frother - I can make a homemade latte better than starbucks and for a lot less, and healthier

Keurig coffeemaker

Biggest Loser kitchen scale

Pampered Chef mix -n- Chop, makes cooking ground turkey much easier to get small pieces

Calphalon 16 in deep frying pan

George Forman grill - use it for everthing
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    My coffee machine! Oh what will i do without it ... :ohwell:
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I've got a few choices.

Love my cast iron pans that can take a beating with whatever I choose to throw at them and still come out the other side ready for
    more. Even better when I get my new range that I'm looking for induction style burners.

NOnion metal bar, great little tool that removes all food odours just by rubbing my hands under water with it!

Blender - I used to have a bullet, but then I realized something when I did the dishes one day, my detachable blender base fits on my mason jars anyway, so I was able to gift the bullet on to someone else to get some use of and accomplish the same thing with my stock of glass jars so I get away from unnecessary plastics. I use the blender with my jars for everything the bullet did and more.

My biggest wow moment came from a sweet sale just in time for Christmas, $15 for a normally $60 set of knives, using REAL quality knives convinced me to put the junk knives (to me) aside for a yard sale/donation and be done with them, buy good quality once and take care of them and you could not need to buy another set.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options

Keurig coffeemake

Jealous!:grumble:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    some of my favs:

kitchen food scale-use it numerous times a day!
    kitchen aid mixer
    single serve GE blender-use it most mornings for smoothies
    food processor
    my double crockpot-great for parties or meals that have 2 separate components
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My fork!!!:laugh:

I envy all of you who love to cook! I despise cooking but I looooove to eat! LOL
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My pink Taylor food scale. I wanted it so bad a couple years ago when it was at Target but it was like $40 and I never took the plunge. I had it in my cart so many times! I just found it on Ebay and paid $25 including postage. For the Win!!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My apple corer
    My water melon cutter
    My mango cutter
    My food scale from Weight watchers
    and
    My egg separator
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    My chopper I bought at Williams Sonoma. It make prep work a breeze.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't cook hardly anything without using either my digital food scale or my Slap Chop...or both.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My scale, and anything Pampered Chef. Especially the Micro Cooker and the baking stones, and the Measure-all! I LOVE the measure-all, everyone should have one!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My kitchen scales (because they are a must have)

My potato ricer (because it takes all the strain out of doing mash!)

:wink:
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My actifry because I can make chips (fries to those of you in the States) with either spray oil or just a two teaspoons of olive oil so we can still enjoy steak and chips without loading up with bad fats and calories.
  • fitinmtl
    Options
    hands down my VITAMIX!!