Clubbing...

Options
burns calories? Okay, dumb question, I know. But there's this disconnect in my brain that says "going out = unhealthy, indulgent night". But I am going out to a club to dance the night away. Does this still technically count as exercise, especially if I'm not following up with major calorie drinks? I mean, dancing ain't easy!

Replies

• cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I sweat just as much dancing up a storm in party mode as I do in Zumba. Just try not to pound the drinks like you said and if you do, log those as well as the dancing.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Seriously...it's totally exercise!! I lost 5 pounds after a weekend Vegas trip last year. I drank alcohol but ate pretty healthy though but we danced for HOURS both Friday and Saturday nights. Totally a freaking workout I tell you!
  • rosita76
    Options
    of course. I believe the exercise calorie counter even has a "dancing" category! So log it in!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Too bad I don't go out dancing much anymore :(
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I figured this would be what this topic was about, but a small part of me was hoping you were talking about bludgeoning something with blunt implements.

On topic: Absolutely dancing burns calories! The more you shake it, the less you'll have to shake in the long run!
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    Dance, dance, dance!!! And drink lots of water, water, water!!! :laugh: It definatly counts as exercise.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    I figured this would be what this topic was about, but a small part of me was hoping you were talking about bludgeoning something with blunt implements.

Me too!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Definatley! Im going clubbing tonight and will be dancing none stop from 10 at night till about 4ish in the morning! I will be definatley logging it in the dancing catogory. Dancing is one of the best ways to burn off calories because your enjoying yourself and loving the music so you dont even realise your burning calories. Have fun :drinker:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I record dancing (in clubs) as "dancing general" I normally just estimate the time conservatively as you don't do it very consistently :)

x