I think it might be lying...

Options
Hi all! I purchased a HRM not too long ago...it's the Sportline S7 and i'm not sure if i trust it too much. For one, it doesn't have a chest strap and it only cost about $27 at Wal-Mart. Anyway, I just did 15 minutes of cardio using a mini stepper (with about a 10-12" space from the step to the floor) and the HRM told me i burned 256 calories! Isn't that a little too high?? On the other hand, the stepper told me that i burned 70 calories and then i did some research online and supposedly i burned 130 calories. Ahh, what should i believe?! I'm so confused right now. If it means anything, i broke a sweat or two. lol Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I had a cheap Sportline like that, it told me I burned 17 calories during a 30 minute cardio workout! I tossed it and got a Polar FT4 on eBay. MUCH happier. Until you can get a model you trust, I'd suggest choosing the middle number from your research. Better lower than higher.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    i got the $47.99 hrm from walmart and it works great also will link up to the machines at the gym. iit has the chest strap. with out it it will use th hr that it checked till you tell it to recheck if you want an ok cheap one get the best one walmart sells
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    I had one of those to that I used once. It was a piece of crap that didn't work right, at all. Invest in a bit better one and you'll be much happier!:smile:
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank god i saved the box and the receipt then...i'm takin it back! lol The thing is i don't wanna spend too much money though, considering that i just lost my job. :( Is there a relatively cheap one that you know works as well as the higher end ones like Polar and all that?? And just because it has a chest strap does that necessarily mean it's accurate??