Strength or Cardio?

Options
so it's really hot here + its my time of the month so i don't really feel like jumping and running and dancing. will strength training be enough or should i really toughen up and do cardio?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling :sick:
    For a while, I did strengthening for 40 minutes a day plus walking 2 miles outside and lost weight (unintentionally, too).
    In fact, walking would be a good substitute, too. Especially if it's warm and sunny outside :) I envy you. If you want extra calorie burn, do yoga or pilates, too. It might do your body good to do some low-impact exercises (in addition to strength).
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    why dont you do punching as some cardio? it gets your heart rate up and no running or jumping, infact you can do sitting down..
  • doesgo
    doesgo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you and your mood! Anything is better than nothing, and if you do what you don't enjoy, you won't keep at it for very long.
  • cheangela
    Options
    I have a lot of friends that sing the praises for the Rachel Cosgrove plan. It's primarily weight training with light cardio (walking).
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    yeah, i think i might just do my strenght routine i have and than start on my cardio tomorrow since i haven't done it in a few days and i dont really want to start up again on a boiling hot day. thank you guys :D
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    Sorry I don't know what you ladies are going through :huh:

Cardio is important for burning calories. I was just talking to a friend of mine who is a trainer about burning more body fat. He told me what I already knew. " increase your cardio". Strength training will burn calories but not like a cardio workout. Cardio should remain part of work out. If you cant do what you normally do try something new. Sorry!

I was reading and the ladies that replied had some good stuff!

Good luck...