What am I doing wrong?

Options
This is my week so far for exercise!

it goes exercise then calories
Daily Total / Goal 285 / 30 - 2081 / 276
Weekly Total / Goal 455 / 150 - 3332 / 1380

and I have come under my calories only just sometimes, but I can seem to move any weight since I had my AF

Help, I am losing faith in my body!

Replies

• herbiemancock
    Options
    ewww, you measure in metric... :[
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    ewww, you measure in metric... :[

Well thats not fair - I live in NZ and thats all I have been taught!
  • FAYEGLORY
    FAYEGLORY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HELLO MY NAME IS FAYE. I JUST READ YOUR BLOG. I KNOW IT'S HARD SOMETIMES TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT. AND SOMETIMES WHAT WORKS FOR ONE DOESN'T WORK FOR ANOTHER. I JUST FINISHED MY 1ST BLOG TITLED OK HERE I GO AGAIN! WHAT AM I SO AFRAID OF? I AM GOING TO TRY HARD TO FIGURE IT OUT. IF YOU GET A CHANCE READ MINE SEE IF YOU FIND AN ANSWER IN IT OR HELP ME FIGURE OUT MY ANSWER. WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR JOURNEY!
    FAYE GLORY
  • MissSir
    Options
    Well, first I acknowledge you for being in communication BEFORE giving up! A huge step in the right direction!!
    Next you want to remember that not all calories are created equal. Stating how many calories you've consumed gives me absolutely no valuable information to help you with.

What kinds of foods are you eating? That's where you'll get your answer
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Your food diary isn't public so I can't use that to help give advice. I have to ask a lot of questions instead.

What kinds of foods do you eat? Do you track your sodium? Do you track your sugar? How far under your calorie goal are you? What is your daily calorie goal? Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Whoops sorry dairy is public now!

Im so confused now!
  • BeaHolley
    Options
    My weight is stuck, I have not lost a lb in a week and I am excercising, drinking water and staying within my calories. Anyone know how to get my weight loss going? Could be water weight but not sure. Any good natural directics out there?
  • harmonykay
    Options
    Don't give up!!!! Everybody is different. I have been doing MFP for a week and I am not going to check my weight until next friday. Thats 2 weeks
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Help me please!
  • genst
    genst Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You should add the sodium column to your diary so you can see how much your eating. Things like chips and bacon are quite high in sodium. Maybe you could cut your carbs a little and have fruits/vegs as snacks instead?
    Also you need to make sure that your drinking enough water
  • Trafty024
    Trafty024 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Like a previous poster said, add sodium to your diary to track and try to stay under the daily goal. Also I looked back a few days in your diary and I didn't see any fruits and one veggie a day. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies with meals and snacks, it'll help a lot. Especially as you start to look at sodium you'll have to cut out some the processed food you eat.

Hope this helps.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Start tracking your sodium and sugar. I'm betting your way over on both. Reduce the amount of processed foods you eat and you'll cut down on sodium. Cut out as much refined and added sugar. Sugar prevents your body from burning fat and unless you're using it for immediate energy it will just get stored as more fat. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy. Start making your own food and you'll be able to control what goes in your body.

And you may want to cut down on the exercise. Burning 2000 calories in a day just isn't necessary, nor is it good for your body. When you exercise you have to eat more because your body needs the fuel. But it's more than just eating your exercise calories. Burning high amounts of calories really stresses your body and that stress can make your body store fat. Don't burn more than 500-700 calories a day.
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Okay cool, I make all my meals, and there isnt much processed there, and I milk cows so I cant avoid the exercise
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong about this, but in general, if you are milking cows for exercise you can count it, but it that is your job, or chore that you do daily, you shouldnt be counting it. When you fill out the profile it asks if you are sedentary, moderately active etc, and if you do this all the time, I would put hightly active, but unless you do if specifically for the exercise I dont think you count it. I have ready articles about this, because the body will get used to certain activity over time. This is why people can hit a plateu.
    Like I said, not sure, but that may be part of the problem, if you are consistently eating a good portion of the 2000 calories you "earn" through excercise.
  • determined74
    Options
    I'm no expert by any means and I can only tell you my own experiences. Those of you who are stuck and haven't lost in a week or so. Change things up. If your doing certain exercises all the time whether aerobic or strength training, do something different or do it in a different order. I know this sounds crazy, but take a couple days off and enjoy those foods that you haven't for awhile (but within reason). You might gain a pound or two, but it will shock your body. Then go back and work out incredibly hard that first day. Take another day off. Then work your usual routine, the next day switch your routine up a bit. You should start seeing results again. But then again, everyone is different and I don't know what everyone is eating, the exercises and so forth. Its worked for me. I have to admit it is very frustrating. Sometimes, we have to remember, less is more.

@Chatterbox205: Lean meat is meat with little fat. The best meats to eat when dieting are chicken, turkey, and fish..specifically wild salmon which gives you the best source of your Omegas. Best thing to do to lose weight, stay clear of red meat. Its the worst thing when your on a diet. But if you do, the meat should have very little fat on them. I used to cut off all the fat from my steaks before I'd even cook them. Hamburger, such as that in the grocery store sometimes are labled 96/4 and 98/2.. Costs more for the 98/2, but its a lot more leaner. But limit the amount of red meat you eat in a week. Preferrably to only once a week. Fruits/veggies - melons, oranges, apples, one or two bananas are okay. Bananas are good for you and are actually made up mostly of water and is a good source of potassium which assists in repairing sore muscles (so I've heard). I'm not much of a berry person either, but learned to like blueberries (which are one of the best anti-oxidents out of the berry group). Veggies - carrots, lettuce, anything you like. They are all really good for you especially broccoli. Oatmeal is a great source of your fiber and will make you feel fuller longer (so do apples). Whole grain bread.. I buy the Hearth Village 12 grain which has half the calories than regular bread. I used to have to actually measure everything I ate just to train myself and it helped with teaching myself how much I was actually eating along with what is appropriate serving size. Don't eat more than the size of your fist at one sitting. Eat slow, and before you take another bite, make sure you chew your food very thoroughly. Sounds odd, but it takes you longer to eat and is better for your body too. I've always been a fast eater and took practice thats for sure. But I had lost with exercise after my daughter was born, about 40 lbs. I "took a break" for awhile.. Okay, I became lazy and gained some back, then lost another 30 and did that again.. now I've gained 10 lbs again. Time to lose that and then I have my last 10 lbs to lose. I'm on my 3rd day working out in a row. I usually can lose a pound a day but I have to put in the effort too and stay disciplined. But best of luck to you. From the time my daughter was born (13 years ago) to what I am now, I've lost a total of 60 lbs. It sounds like your doing great though!
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    Thanks heaps guys, I don't milk every day just every second weekend.

I will look into all of it :)
  • BeaHolley
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will try it. I need to reevaluate what I was eating when I started to lose my 11 lbs. I know 11 lbs in 40 days isn't bad but I want to get the rest of it off but in a healthy way. More fruits and veggies sounds good less carbs.
  • BeaHolley
    Options
    :smile:
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump.