Want to eat

Options
I have already hadmycalories today and have had plenty to eat. I am not hungry but right now I just want to eat like 5 cookies. I'm posting here hoping I will get some strength.

Replies

• beth65
    Options
    Eat some veggies if you need to eat!! Don't waste the calories! I just indulged in something I'm sorry for! Be strong...drink some water.....Don't do it!!
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I feel the same way, sort of snacky. Can you do something to take your mind off it -- do some dishes, watch something on Netflix, brush the cat?

Maybe some water will help? I'm drinking a cup of hot water with a splash of lime juice -- zero calories and quite comforting on a chilly night, :smile:
  • forttc
    forttc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stay strong. Try drinking water. Remember your goal. You can do it! If the cookies are that tempting think about fitting a couple of them into your calorie count for tomorrow. Hopefully that way you won't feel like your missing out and you have something to look forward to.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers with a little salt. (or without if you're worried about sodium). Delicious, crunchy, and you can eat the whole cucumber for something like 20 calories. If you're not REALLY hungry, or craving anything specific, this is a great way to feed the urge just to munch without doing any real damage to....well, anything. I find it more satisfying than a glass of water because of the delightful crunch factor. Hope this helps.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Getting involved in some kind of activity helps a lot. I knit or do crossword puzzles when I feel that way. Drinking water or tea while doing it gives you something to do the motion of eating cookies for no calories.
  • an_peugh
    Options
    I know how you feel. I really really really want a brownie and while i haven't met my calorie intake for the day, it's past 8pm so eating now wouldn't be a good idea...but night time is when i want to snack the most. I'm hoping I can sum up the will power to not snack...
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the cookies! You can drink water or maybe some chocolate skim milk with sugar free choc syrup.

Or if you are strong enough- this is what I do and it helps.

I go to the package and I pick up the package. I turn it over and look for the nutritional information. I look at the calories and fat calories and say "I can't afford to eat this" (in my head). Then, I put the cookies back where I found them and walk away.

Good Luck.
  • theidarisafa
    Options
    Become educated. Know how many calories are in those cookies.

Make pre-portioned little bags of any junk food that you have into 100 calories.

If one cookie is 80 calories, then put just one cookie in the bag.

Enjoy ever little morsel of that cookie, but leave the whole bag of cookies in the cupboard. 100 calories is only 1/35th a pound of fat. It's NOT going to sabatoge your total progress in the grand scheme of things.

I know that many people on this board are going to be mad at me. But in reality, fitness and health is a journey that you'll be on for the rest of your life. It is NOT a destination.

If you can't sustain dieting the way you are doing it, then change it.

I have some junk food at home and I just portion it out into 100 calories and then only grab one. When the bag is gone, I stop.

Just saying what works for me.
  • jen051279
    Options
    I am not trying to deprive myself. In fact, I already had a cookie that i did work into my calories. I am just trying to post here to distract me from eating them. I have my water and am drinking away. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • jen051279
    Options
    ok so I'm having an orange. We don't have all the veggies in the house right now so this was the best I could do. At least it isn't a cookie.