Been here a month, but finally saying Hi!

Options
I've basically only been using MFP on my android in combo with my cardiotrainer to track my calories.

In this first month I've managed to loose 12lbs. Which is right on par for what I was looking for. I started exercising and watching what I am eating just before the new year.

I've never exercised really in my life..or more...I am trying to run. I've committed to 4 times a week, 30 minutes each. I try and run a little more each time. I hate running when I am doing it. But afterward, I am so pleased with myself for having done it, yet again.

I am really struggling with the food consumption though. I have a crazy busy life with 2 small children, who hate everything I cook. I find myself giving in t allow them to have what they all want, and then trying to make the best of the situation. I tend to miss breakfast almost regularly, and skip lunch because I am caught up with other things. I am sort of wishing for a personal chef...or every meal/snack prepared for me. I could careless what it is I am eating, so long as I am getting what the minimum is I need.

I am concerned because I am certain this will catch up with me, and I want to do my best to loose as much weight as possible, and get healthy so I can be a better Mom, and be happier with myself overall.

So I've managed to finally say hi....so glad I've got MFP!

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy busy life with 2 small children, who hate everything I cook. I find myself giving in t allow them to have what they all want, and then trying to make the best of the situation. I tend to miss breakfast almost regularly, and skip lunch because I am caught up with other things. I am sort of wishing for a personal chef...or every meal/snack prepared for me.

Ha ha, I could have written this exact same thing about myself! All of it, two small kids who hate everything I cook, not taking the time to get what I need. It is so hard sometimes! But this site is awesome. Now that I can visually see where my calories are coming and going things have really changed for me.

Also, I have discovered that my super picky three year old (who would live on milk and macaroni and cheese if I let her) actually likes salmon (she calls it Halloween fish) and broccoli of all things! Now that I am eating healthier, my kids are eating healthier too. Welcome!

Add me if you are looking for friends to motivate you. I am here every day!
  • Lichickie
    Options
    LOL Thanks for the encouragement. I really do hope it will be a better change for all of us...making better choices with food. But if I am honest, most days it is more of a battle then I want to take on. Trying to get myself in a good place on top of doing all the other stuff it just about all I can manage.

But I am determined, if nothing else, and plan on making the lifestyle change happen. I want to look back in a year and be thrilled that I didn't quit, and managed to loose "so" much weight.