Power 90 or P90x

Options
Does anyone know the difference is between P90x and Power 90? I really want to start one of them because I see everyone's great results. I'm out of shape and my goal is to lose about 40 - 50 pounds over the long term. Who has tried Power 90 and what kind of results did you get? Did you do any other exercise (cardio, ect) with the videos? Thanks!

Replies

• kayt697
    Options
    hi! Not sure about Power 90, but I have completed P90X and I swear by it! Great program for losing weight and getting in the best shape possible
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    never heard of power 90
    but I will going on the p90x journey starting March 1st
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    P90 is the original workout program by Tony Horton. It was created before P90X and can be used to get your body ready to do P90X if you're a beginner. P90X is way more intense and it includes 12 dvds of increasingly intense weight training, cardio, and yoga/streching workouts rather than the 2 cardio/strength training dvds in P90.

Sharon
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Do a self assessment - would you consider yourself really out of shape, or relatively still in shape (despite being overweight). If truly out of shape, then I'd recommend using P90 - it's an awesome program that they unfortunately don't promote anymore (due to P90x's popularity) that helps you get set in an exercise routine. If you are somewhat still in shape, then jump for the P90x.

The ONLY negative I can think of about the P90 set is that it tends to get repetitive, as you're using the same 3 DVD's for 3 months, but just add your own music :)
  • Tassie25
    Options
    I have Power 90 its really good if your way over weight and i did it for a week when i first got it and just started back doing it gonna hit the 90 this time!!!