Whyyy!!

Options
I started on the 17th Jan at 245lbs..
The 24th i weighed 241 :D 4lb lost.
31at i was 240.. 1lb lost

Only I just weighed myself ont he wii and despite doing alot more exersice and and eating alot better drinking much water etc.. it says i put on 2lbs :'( Whyyyy!

I normally weigh in a morning so maybe im fatter that i think?!

Replies

• AmeMahoney
    Options
    Water weight, hormones (yes, that goes for men AND women), different clothes you're wearing (it's best not to wear any when weighing in), weighing at a different time of day, having too much sodium the day before, etc., etc. can affect your weight. Weight is a pretty poor measurement because it fluctuates so much. Try taking your measurements. If you have been working out you may have gained muscle (which weighs more than fat). If you haven't taken any measurements before and don't have anything to compare it to, then the best test is to see how your clothes are fitting.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    The scale is such an aweful mistress.

If you are a woman, you need to be ready for the ups and downs of weighing in. The scale can flucuate as much as 5 lbs in a day. If you ate too much salt, lifted weights, ate after a certain time, didn't poopy well, hormones.....on and on. It really is a mystery.

I would weigh myself on the same scale, same time of day, same conditions only 1 time a week.
  • Louise23ciara
    Options
    I've only been at it 2week so not much change really. think ile measure and give the scales a missfor a while. Joining a gym on monday :DWahay! 3x a week! Has a childcare setting for my two youngest. I guess it just makes me feel so.. Crap when ive tried so hardtoday and seem to put on 2lbsbut i ate a chippy dinner last night and still weighed in well?! Strangeee! Thankyou!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat. It takes up less space by weight than fat.

You are not going to gain muscle by using Wii. You won't gain significant muscle in a couple weeks, for that matter. These are myths.

To gain muscle, you need resistance training/weight training - over a period of months, not weeks. There are many reasons for a weight fluctuation, but it's very doubtful this is the reason. It's really difficult for women to gain any muscle mass - even one pound.
  • Louise23ciara
    Options
    I'm not too bothered about gaining muscle .. Just wondered why its so up and down.i realise that walking, treadmill and wii fit isnt gonna be the best/fastest way to lose weight which is why im joining a gym on monday and im gonna do as much as i can.. just as i said i wondered why it was so up and down,
  • Louise23ciara
    Options
    CRAZY! the wii now says i lost 5lbs.. so the 2lb from yday and a few more..
  • Louise23ciara
    Options
    I started on the 17th Jan at 245lbs..
    The 24th i weighed 241 :D 4lb lost.
    31at i was 240.. 1lb lost

Only I just weighed myself ont he wii and despite doing alot more exersice and and eating alot better drinking much water etc.. it says i put on 2lbs :'( Whyyyy!

I normally weigh in a morning so maybe im fatter that i think?!

this is totally wrong LOL i started at 240 (17st 2) not 245(17st 7)

Anyways I'm now 233 :D 7lbs in almost 3weeks.. not 2 bad!