Sometimes its the little things

Options
I've lost a good chunk of weight. I can see it in the scale and the way my clothes fit, but today something happened that really drove home how much I've lost.

I wear 2 thin bangle bracelets. I've worn the bracelets for the past 10 years and for the past 5 years or so, I haven't been able to get them off. They just wouldn't fit over my hand anymore. I don't even notice they are there anymore, so I haven't really thought about it. The one problem is when I travel. The bracelets always set of the alarm at airport security. Because I can't get them off I've gotten used to frequent pat downs.

I'm traveling for business today & just went through airport security. Once again, I set the alarm off. The TSA agent asked me to take off the bracelets & go through again. Getting ready for another pat down, I told him I couldn't get them off & reached down to show him that they wouldn't come off. They slid right over my hand!

You never really think about loosing weight in your hands. It's certainly not as noticeable as the 6" I've lost off my waist, but it really drove home how much I've lost. I'm sure TSA had no clue why those bracelets coming off made me so happy, other than the fact that it saved me from getting patted down.

Now I can't wait to get home from my trip & try on all the cool ring in my jewelry box, that I haven't been able to wear in years! :smile:

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant. You are right, it's the little things that count. Well done on your weight loss success. And on the fact, that there is no more patting down at the airports for you. Go you. :smile:
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well done! It makes you feel so brilliant, doesn't it!
  • catzybird
    catzybird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant - what a nice surprise for you ! congrats and keep up the fantastic work!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I hope all your cool rings will fit when you try them on!
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MelanieM81
    MelanieM81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats Great!!:smile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!