When to eat fruit

Options
I am trying to eat a peice of fruit with every meal, I was reading an article and it seemed to suggest that it was best to eat fruit before a meal and veg near the start

is this true, as thinking about it for me I seem to over eat so this may help

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Fruit has so much sugar in it.....its not something I would do, unless it were berrries (low sugar content). I would just stick with some lean protein and some very low carb veggies-but lots of them.
  • jojojor
    Options
    You should only eat two pieces of fruit a day,and 5 serves of vegies. Fruit is very high in sugar-not good to have too much.
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    My advice to everyone is stick to ONE piece of fruit per day whilst losing body fat, and try to eat that piece immediately after your workout with a source of protein. The ensuing insulin spike will aid the absorption of the protein and speed up recovery time.

Fruit may have a good nutrient profile, but its still mostly sugar and therefore not good for blood sugar levels!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I agree...It depends on what kind of fruit it is. Peaches, mangoes and the like are good choices, but not the best..if you had to eat a fruit before a meal, i would suggest a superfruit..like strawberry; blueberry; or even a green apple. Granny Smith apples have a lower sugar content (hence the sourness). But if you think you are over eating at meals, split your meals up..eat half; wait an hour or two and eat the other half..its better to eat 5 small meals rather than 3 big meals. or even drink a full 8oz glass of water before you even sit down and wait 15 minutes. Then eat.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!!!!!
  • nitz771
    Options
    BEST TIME TO EAT FRUIT IS EMPTY STOMACH IN MORNING OR IMMEDIATELY TO 30 MINUTES AFTER WORKOUT... NEVER EAT FRUIT AFTER DINNER..