Why can't I sleep at night!??!!?

Options
Hi all!!!! My issue is that it's seems that ever since I started on this fitness path- counting calories/exercising regularly/toning up.
I have a hard time falling asleep at night and this has never been an issue for me!!!!!!

A little background I'm 5'7 started at 138 down to 136 but I have been losing mostly inches 2 from
waist and 2 from hips 1 from bust... My goal is 130-125 by my wedding!!!!

Has anyone found themselves in this situation too???? I feel tires but tose and turn for an hour before I can fall asleep!!!!

Just to answer up front.... I don't exercise before bed... I do my workouts in the morning. I usually eat dinner 2-3 hours before bed. I don't take a diet pill or other stimulant.

Replies

• UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding !!!! Could it be all the stress from the preps ?

ETA : I remember I had a hard time falling asleep too a few weeks before the big day, but it's often a problem for me... Im a little worrier and when I worry too much, my sleep is very much affected. Also Ive noticed when the winter is coming to an end / spring
    beginning I tend to wake up very early in the morning and my sleeping hours are slashed... Every year Ive noticed it.
  • Cardinal
    Options
    I personally don't experience that. It might be signs of another issue, such as stress, consuming caffeine to late in the day or something else. On occassion when I have had a difficult time sleeping, I have taken some Melatonin, which is what your body releases to make yourself tired. It can be purchased anywhere vitamins are sold. Also, I always try and get to bed around the same time and wake up at the same time. Even when I have trouble getting to sleep, I will always force myself out of bed in the morning because after a day or two of that, my body starts to adjust. It's also important to maintain that schedule the best you can on the weekends. I hope that helps.
  • ealtynova
    ealtynova Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation. In fact, I pulled an all nighter two nigths ago and thought I would crash last night but ended up not being able to sleep AT ALL. I'm not sure if this helps you, but I'm on a very strict diet where by the time I go to sleep I am essentially starving (I know unhealthy). But it goes both ways, if you eat the majority of your food right before you go to bed or don't have anything in your system, your metabolism is going to kickstart (different pathways, but still using a lot of energy stores) and not really give you that basal metabolic rate that you need right around the time you want to rest. I have no idea if this is of any help, you may consider eating smaller meals at dinner. If that doesn't help, I would recommend a mild prescription sleeping aid. You need your energy for the rest of the day and if you're dragging, your routine is going to suffer. Good luck!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It happened to me too. I go to a homeopath and he put me on Plumbum met. for 5 days. You can find it at a pharmacy that does natural remedies. Melatonin also works well. Worked like a charm.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Just to answer up front.... I don't exercise before bed... I do my workouts in the morning. I usually eat dinner 2-3 hours before bed. I don't take a diet pill or other stimulant.

What so you usually eat for dinner? If you have started to restrict your carb intake / increased fat intake/ eating larger meals in the evening that may have an effect on getting to sleep.

Check out this website for more info:

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t042400.asp
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Try taking a GOOD calcuim and magnesium supplement. Mag is a natural relaxer and calcium will help with those pesky biorhythms! I can tell when I don't take mine. Check with a nutritionist or a health food store. Don't get it from Walmart or target type places.
  • redhottxozk
    Options
    melatoin and valerian root... both over the counter and can be found in the herb/vitamin section... are great for helping with sleep....