Friday Night Out.

Options
So my friend's birthday bash is this evening and I have been debating on having 2 alcoholic beverages. Does anyone recommend a beverage that is low in calories?? Help!

Replies

• kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    Seltzer and your spirit of choice. If that's too strong, have them add a splash of juice. I used to enjoy diet soda and spirits but gave up diet soda to treat my migraines. Have a fun evening out! :)
  • bgagn085
    bgagn085 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wine! both red and white are really low in calories and good for you in moderation.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You'll feel a lot better about yourself if you skip the alcoholic beverages and just make really good nutritional choices! Plus, you will set an example for everyone else.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Don't drink - get somethin' Virgin...
  • necki696
    Options
    vodka and water w/ a lemon or lime
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose and water with a packet of Crystal Light!

I think its called a pink panther, Its delcious as well!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Skinny Margarita, shot of tequila, club soda, two limes I think 150 calories? Enjoy yourself have a great time!!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Vodka & diet Coke - 60 cals.

Order with lots of ice in a tall glass and it will last longer.

Have a fun night out
  • Chalktawmom
    Chalktawmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My faves - Budweiser select 55 or vodka and light cranberry juice. Yummy!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wine! both red and white are really low in calories and good for you in moderation.

roughly 150 calories per 6 ounces - but it depends on the wine. Red tends to be a bit higher than white.
  • martiwebb
    martiwebb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Going to a Thai restaurant with family tonight. My favorite is sharing spring rolls, followed by Shrimp Pad Thai with a glass of Pinot Grigio. i see by the Food List that I should not order the spring rolls at all and rethink the Pad Thai. Any suggestions for a delicious substitute?
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Have whatever two drinks are your favorite - just try to to work it into your calories! I like my drinks once in a while, and for those who can just delete that from their life - good for you. But I think that's just silly. There are very few things you should just never have. Enjoy life!

Have a great night out!
  • unckat09
    Options
    vodka and water w/ a lemon or lime

I love this drink! AND I take a packet of splenda to sweeten it with :-)
  • unckat09
    Options
    I like my drinks once in a while, and for those who can just delete that from their life - good for you. But I think that's just silly. There are very few things you should just never have. Enjoy life!

Have a great night out!

I completely agree! Part of making a lifestyle change is learning how to do the things you love, in moderation and in more healthy/creative ways. Cheers :drinker:
  • KristenY18
    Options
    Bethenny Frankel recipe in Health Magazine

seltzer
    blueberry vodka
    splash of pineapple juice 120 calories :drinker:
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Get a veggie dish instead with chicken (mixed vegetables type of dish). You will avoid the carbs and that way won't have a terrible dinner.

I would say definitely stay away from the curries, spring rolls (or anything else fried), rice and noodles

I love tom yum soup and it's healthy! I get it with chicken.

Thai food is still bad for you because of the high sodium content and the oil they use, etc. but it's not the worst choice when it comes to eating out.

Enjoy!
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You could have vodka and diet mixer or gin & slimline tonic.

Personally I would have a couple of glasses of wine, enjoy them, and not do it too often! If you're going to have a drink you may as well make it something that you really like, rather than something that you don't enjoy as much but still has negative health effects!