is so incredibly happy

Options
so I didn't want to stick this in success stories because its not really a success story. But!! I'm so elated that I have to say something to someone.

Today... for the first time ever... I made all of my goals.

I'm sitting here crying because I never thought that I would ever have the strength to take control of my life. Being over 300 lbs is one of the scariest things I've ever faced. I used to joke with my friends saying If I ever get that big Kill me. and here I am. Beyond that point. So I joined this to appease my best friend who pushed me to be with her through this journey as she loses weight.

and I did it. I didn't lose much and I'm sure as hell not done, but today was a total triumph!! I finally learned to keep even the sodium down. Now lets hope I can keep it up.

sorry just had to positively vent. :)

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Don't apologize, it's a big step to get everything in balance and meet your daily goals! I don't think I've done it yet...I'm always over on fat or sugar or sodium. I'm 'over' on protein too, but MFP's protein recommendation is too low anyways so I don't count that as a 'bad' thing necessarily.

I'm with ya on being over 300 lbs. It's a hard thing to see, and even more so knowing the long road ahead. But the important thing is that WE'RE ON THAT ROAD!!!! We're starting the journey and not just watching everybody else pass us by!!!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I'm over on protein or fiber alot but my biggest problem was the sodium. oh my god that was seriously killin me. When i first added it to my tracker i racked up like 4000 mg in one day and realized what a huge mistake i was making! its been hell trying to reduce it!

I think for the first time I realized just how important i am to no one but myself. I know that sounds crazy but I don't answer to anyone but me and looking in the mirror i think i just pretended like I wasn't THAT FAT. now i see. Now i'm aware. Now i need to change before I end up killin myself on krispy kreme.

we can do this girl :D i know we can.
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Super congratulations! That's awesome :D Thanks for inspiring!
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you've learned that you need to do this for you..which is amazing!!
    keep going!
    and after awhile too much sodium will be so noticeable and you probably won't even like it anymore (i know it sounds crazy, but trust me on this one...) same with too much sugar, etc. as long as you learn to love 'real' foods you should have no problem.

congrats and you can do it!
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    congrats! thats fantastic!
  • catofisis
    Options
    That is GREAT! YOU are in control!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Never ever be afraid to post your successes or failures. That's the purpose of MFP....to incourage and uplift. You're doing great...keep it up!
  • DeborahLink1
    DeborahLink1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is a long trip...I'm VERY happy for you!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Congratulations! As far as I am concerned this is definitely a success story!
  • Gennawest
    Options
    I hope you get even more excited when you are able to fit in clothes that you havent been able to in a long time. Congrats. Be proud!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Go, Bobbi, go!

I want to see many days when you are incredibly happy! :-)

Congratulations.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! it really means alot to know this is such a positive thing! :D
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I didn't even SEE this yesterday!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! I know you can do this. Love you girl!!! <3
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this because it put a big smile on my face and made me that much more motivated. You're doing a wonderful job on your journey and tears of happiness belong on MFP!