Exercise Classes

Options
I just started doing a body pump class at the gym but I can't figure out how to log it and count the calories I've burned. Anyone?

Replies

• denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just started doing a body pump class at the gym but I can't figure out how to log it and count the calories I've burned. Anyone?
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You may have to log the activities separately. Like calisthenics vigorous 40 minutes, weights moderate 40 minutes.

Thats what I have to do when I do my stability ball routine. It may not be exact but it's the closest way I've found.

BTW, way to go on starting a body pump class!! :flowerforyou: My schedule makes getting to the gym super hard, so I get mine in when I can. DVDs in the house and walks and bike rides around the neighborhood
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks- That's a good idea. I'll do it that way.... I need to get excerise credit where I can. I've been wanting to try the home exercise DVDs which ones are good?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My wife teaches body pump, and I can tell you from experience (she makes me go sometimes, she's very proud of herself :tongue: ) it's different for everyone. A heart rate monitor is your best bet.
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound behind the times but I still love step aerobics. I got a step at Target (I think maybe Walmart) I got my stability ball there too.

The dvds I use are Fat to Firm for Dummies (stability ball), Cathe Fredrich Basic Step (can be low impact) and Step it Off. That last one is definitely more intense than Cathe Fredrich.

There are also all kinds of dance workouts and yoga / strength training. You can find a dvd for just about anything you like to do.