which leslie sansone dvd??

Options
I have been hearing great things about the leslie sansone walking dvd's. I tried JM 30 day shred but the high impact cardio has damaged my heels plus i also suffer with knee pain (have done for several years now) so i am going to try a Leslie Sansone dvd. Can anyone recommend a good starter dvd that will help me to lose fat and tone up?

Thanks in advance, Louise :smile:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would get one that comes with various lengths-, say 1-mile, 2-mile, and 3-mile. Also one that may include some strength training, or using the balls in your hands.

Personally, her videos are boring to me, but great for beginners, I started with her, but I couldn't stand to listne to her anymore, and the music in the background is barely noticeable. I would mute her and turn on my own music to get me going.

Furthermore, any video by Chalene Johnson (check out beachbody tubrojam) is awesome for people with knee issues. I too had knee issues but she always has someone next to her (usually 2 people)who are doing it at a lower version so you still get a workout without hurting your knees. Its the best! I so appreciate that about her. Plus, her music is awesome, and she is so knowledgeable.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds Express Super Challenge. It's a four mile "walk" which about an hour. Love her dvds! I like the 30 day shred too but it can be taxing on the joints. I also have the Two Mile walk which is 30 minutes. The Two Mile is a great starter workout. I think you'd like it.
  • Blynnbx
    Options
    I love the Walk away the Pounds dvd. She has a starter dvd which is 1 & 2 mile walks. I just moved onto the 3 mile dvd yesterday.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have the 3 Fast Miles DVD. I bought it at Target for like $9. I like it a lot. Been doing every day for 12 days.
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :flowerforyou:

Luv2ash i will checkout turbojam :smile:
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I, for one, LOVE the Leslie Sansone videos and do them every week. I think she is very motivational and inspirational. I have the 3 Miles Weight Loss walk and really love it because she does incorporate some hand weights into the walking. It's about 45 min if you do the whole thing, but the miles are broken up into segments so if you only have time to do one or two, that is fine. I also have the 4 Really Big Miles that is about an hour and I really enjoy that too. On that one I burn anywhere from 700-900+ calories if I do the whole thing. If you are looking for a shorter video, I have also tried the Walk & Jog and another just walking video. The one just walking video is my least favorite because I don't think she does any extra stuff in it. (It's been awhile since I have used that one). If you have Netflix, do a search on her and you can get some videos to try that way before you buy them. That is how I tried out the ones I ended up getting for myself. There are a ton on Netflix! I need to get some more to try.
  • girlface68
    girlface68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie and like her a lot. She has a website where you can see her videos and watch a short preview clip. www.lesliesansone.com
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    OMG...I am so glad you posted this. I LOVE Leslie Sansone...She is a genius...a walking genius. I have done the 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile and the Rock & Tone (new). I even mix them up to get more of a burn...I would recommend the 1 mile to start off so you kind of know what to expect and because of your knees..there is a little intensity the more miles you go, but its literally simple...

If you are buying the DVDs, to save $$$ I would probably get the higher mile DVD (unless they come in a multipack). In the multi-mile DVDs, Leslie tells you when you've reached a mile, 2 miles, ETC... so you can stop and one mile and work your way to two, etc...

Hope this helps, and I hope you love the Walk At Home program as much as i do!!