SUPER BOWL!

Options
Let me be the first to say TGIF! Now that the weekend is fast approaching i'm working on a plan that hopefully will keep me on track. Last weekend was a disaster, overeating, and not working out left me with no energy and burned out during my "workout" session on last Monday. I can't have another weekend like that! I realize staying on track considering my "Better half" and I are throwing a party with all the traditional super bowl foods (Hot wings, pizza, chips, alcohol, etc) may be hard, but we are creating some healthier food that we can enjoy! Believe it or not, i'm looking forward to fighting temptations and enjoying some good company, food, and the game! Steelers all day!!!!

Replies

• knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the game too! My plan is to only grab a small paper plate to eat off of instead of the normal sized ones! I'm just hitting it hard the days leading up to it and next week to account for any extra calories!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Most of my close friends, fortunately or unfortunately, don't like football as much as I do, so I thankfully can exercise to my heart's content on Sunday before and during the big game, as well as eat some nice, healthy foods.

I wish you the best of luck in avoiding those temptations. I know I'm not strong enough to avoid them all yet.

Oh, and go Packers!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am SO pumped for The Superbowl! GO PACKERS! (Not a popular choice, I know, but I can't help it, I've been a Packers fan for YEARS now!!!).

Thank GOD for Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop, that's all I have to say! I'll be mowing down on that all evening! Oh, and a couple of slices of Domino's pizza will have to be worked into my daily caloric allowance, of course!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!
  • Reese2008
    Options
    Being from Wisconsin.. heck yeah GO PACKERS!!! ..and my attempt to avoid all the beer, cheese, brats, wings.. lol.. Good luck to everyone else on Super Bowl food temptation :happy:
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am so looking forward to Sunday. I will try to do good but it's the SUPERBOWL!!! I know it's not gonna be great but hopefully it won't be a total disaster. GO PACK GO!!!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first to say TGIF! Now that the weekend is fast approaching i'm working on a plan that hopefully will keep me on track. Last weekend was a disaster, overeating, and not working out left me with no energy and burned out during my "workout" session on last Monday. I can't have another weekend like that! I realize staying on track considering my "Better half" and I are throwing a party with all the traditional super bowl foods (Hot wings, pizza, chips, alcohol, etc) may be hard, but we are creating some healthier food that we can enjoy! Believe it or not, i'm looking forward to fighting temptations and enjoying some good company, food, and the game! Steelers all day!!!!

you will definitely set a good example for others---and that is a good feeling. Good luck.
  • barberella
    Options
    You root for the Packers ALL YOU WANT! I live in Madison, WI, and its a hell of a year for Wisconsin football. Sure, the Badgers didn't win the Rose Bowl, but they made it, and the Packers deserve it just as MUCH..Go Pack Go!

Anyway, I'm worried about the eating too. Us Wisconsinites love our alcohol and food..So, the parties I'm going to are gonna have the standard wings, dips, chips, cocktail wienies, beer, etc.. But I am bringing food to one party and I've got some good ideas.

Turkey pin wheels with whole wheat tortillas, fat free cream cheese, and low fat, low cal turkey slices
    Assorted fruit plate.
    Assorted veggie plate with FF sour cream and spices for the dip
    Devilled eggs with FF or Light Mayo
    Baked jalapeno poppers
    Baked chix wings
    Just some ideas..We don't have to go overboard!
  • lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm making sure there are veggies and light dip.... I will be very happy with that!!! GO PACK GO!!!
  • padigirl
    Options
    I'm making Taco Dip....fat free cream cheese, smart balance sour cream, salsa mixed together and topped off with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, fat free cheddar cheese and just a few black olives with baked lays. Not the traditional "Taco Dip" but its pretty low cal.

I love the idea of popcorn! I'm not a Packer fan but all my family is..........and I'll be watching the game with them. I root for my numbers in the pool:drinker:
  • unckat09
    Options
    I think I am going to make Fiber One Chicken Fingers (SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOD). Does anybody have a good low cal Sangria recipe? I realize that sangria is not "footbally" but I still want it :laugh: