Drinking Cold water after a meal = Cancer!

Options
THIS CAN NOT BE TRUE CAN IT???? :grumble:
***************************************************************************************************************
Drinking Cold water after a meal = Cancer! :noway:
Can you believe this? For those who like to drink cold water, this applies to you.
It's nice to have a cold drink after a meal, however, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you've just consumed, which slows digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid,
it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food.
It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer.
It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal. :indifferent:
***************************************************************************************************************

I mean most people have not only COLD WATER but ICE TEA, ICE SODA, most of what people drink while eating and after eating is COLD?!? :drinker: This raises my eyebrow... high! :huh:

Replies

• sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I for some reason don't believe that.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bull****.
  • Toaster88
    Options
    EVERYONE drinks cold liquids during/after meals. If this was true, this would be a widespread problem over the entire population for several generations now.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'd think that is rather extreme. However its said that drinking a hot drink after eating will help break down any fat you've eaten therefore aiding digestion. Supposedly this is the reason the chinese have a lower incidence of heart disease because of the tea drinking tradition after a meal.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Another topic just had the article that contained this information and some MFP users found it was untrue according to snopes.com
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/fruit.asp

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp

Don't believe everything you read in your email inbox. And don't let this misinformation spread. Tell anyone who asks about this the truth so that people don't believe this garbage.

Thanks!
  • llbates
    Options
    I don't believe that at all
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just commented on another post about this very topic. This is from a DR Oz show. But on a previous show he says to raise your metabolism you can drink cold water. I definitely have a hard time believing that drinking cold water will cause cancer. I will have to see the study and the parameters first, before I jump on this wagon.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
  • cheangela
    Options
    If you're eating that much "sludge," I'm sure cancer, amongst other ails, was already a concern.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'd think that is rather extreme. However its said that drinking a hot drink after eating will help break down any fat you've eaten therefore aiding digestion. Supposedly this is the reason the chinese have a lower incidence of heart disease because of the tea drinking tradition after a meal.

They have lower incidence of heart disease cause they eat better and the tea they drink is green tea. It has nothing to do about the temp of the water.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It is not true. This myth has been circulating the internet for a long time. No basis in fact. It is a hoax.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    I think that you shouldn't have labelled the topic subject as you did, without any question mark etc. I hope most people read the post, as it's quite scary when you see something like that as the topic subject.

In my honest opinion, I think that this is absolutely ridiculous. Perhaps drinking a hot drink after a meal is better for you, but that is for another reason...NOT because drinking a cold drink causes cancer...

I sincerely hope people don't fall for this.
  • Emma818
    Options
    really...not sure i buy this!
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think from everything that we've learned from the news, EVERYTHING gives you cancer or something else. We're all doomed. Party at my place?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Too often, people disconnect their brains when they connect to the internet.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think from everything that we've learned from the news, EVERYTHING gives you cancer or something else. We're all doomed. Party at my place?

COLD beers all around. :drinker:
  • katzplay62
    Options
    It's utter bull****.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I dont ever worry about cold water giving me cancer.

I am way more concerned about the man with the axe that is getting into the back of my car everytime i stop at traffic lights