Best exercise shoes?

Options
Gotta get a new pair of shoes this weekend, the ones I exercise in just dont give great support. I think beacuse they are old. Anyone have any suggestions for good, sturdy, supportive shoes that I can exercise in?

Replies

• LysLeslie
    Options
    I personally like Shape-ups. The only downfall is that they are crazy expensive though!!
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    I have shape ups. They are also good for your back, it keeps pressure off it.
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't know what kind of exercise you're doing but I got Reebok Zigs for my Zumba class. I love these shoes!!! Great support and I can slide good!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love Saucony but they don't carry them very many places around here any more. I find that most "sneakers" don't seem to have very good cushion in them, even the running shoes...why is that?

I'd say try several different brands and see what you like best because what works for my jacked up feet, might not work for yours. :bigsmile:
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    I love my New Balances. Soooo comfortable. But they make them like for specific forms of exercise; running, walking, etc. And come and different forms of support. So it's all about finding what works best for you.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you're serious about exercise and a good shoe you need to get a professional fitting....and it's free.

Just go to your local running store, We have Luke's Locker and Run On and they will be more than happy to look at your feet, ask what type of exercise, and watch you walk in them.

They can be expensive there so figure out what type of shoe and then do some shopping around. Runningwarehouse.com has some good deals.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Girls...can you actually work out in the Shape Ups or are those mainly for walking? I've been thinking about those because lots of people say they are great for your joints and your back but I have balance issues and don't want to hurt myself! :tongue:
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I got the KSwiss Tubes for Christmas (didnt know at the time they're endorsed by Jillian Michaels) but they are a great shoe! i love them and they're super cute while giving great support!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Nike Lunar Swifts. I love them because they are so light but so supportive!! Plus they come in cute colors and aren't too bad in price!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love asics. They are like walking on clouds. I am so finicky about shoes and how they feel on my feet. I was at Di*cks Sporting Good for almost two hours testing out shoes. I just love how these felt and the mold to your foot.

I would suggest you do the same. Go to the store and test out the shoes. Walk in them. Jog in them. Your feet are important so you want to make sure you get the perfect fit. Also remember they have insoles that can help adjust the fit of an almost perfect shoe.
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys! I'll definitely be taking all this in to consideration lol
  • Walkersfaith
    Options
    I did a lot of research because my ankles and feet are so bad from being obese for so many years. NEW BALANCE has a line for obese people. Steel reinforced. I chose the runner shoes. EVERY pair of shoes that I had purchase before folded in under my weight and I would end up with a pair of shoes that would lean in even when I wasn't wearing them. When I bought the new balance I found that the support not only made my shoes last through an extreme amount of excercise but they also shifted my legs and back into helping me balance properly. NO more ankle pain. I paid 130.00 for mine and that was so expensive but it was worth it totally. The series to shop in the 1000 series. There are lots of choices in that series. You can order online and get coupons. My shoe is the 1012 and I would not trade out of it for anything!!!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Everybody's feet are different so this is a hard (?). What works for me may not work for you. The one piece of advice I can give is to go with the ones that make you go "Ahhh" the instant you put your foot in it. If it's just "ok" it won't be for long (in my experience anyway). Good luck finding YOUR shoe :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love Asics. They are so comfortable and supportive.

For those who say the shape-up shoes can you actually run in them? I had a pair but only used them for walking. Don't think I could have done a serious workout in them.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love New Balance. They give me the best cushioning and arch support of any shoe I've ever worn.