Good morning - any other bride-to-bes here?

Options
Hi everyone,
Just discovered this site yesterday and eager to make a go of it. I aim to lose 25 - 30 pounds by July 8th, my wedding day. I know the months ahead are happy yet stressful ones and I need to control what I eat if I am to slim down. Is anyone here in the same boat? Well, even if your ship is a little different, we all are traveling the same ocean of weight loss, right? So I welcome the thougths, tips, and encouragement from everyone not just engaged folks! But I wouldn't mind making friends with someone who is getting married too.

This site looks pretty useful - anything you think I should know about its shortcuts or applications?

Thanks for your reply and I look forward to chatting with you!

Jenna

Replies

• hollyshobbies
    Options
    i am getting married may 14th. i hope to lose 30 pounds until then since i ordered my dress a size smaller since it was big in the hips (somehow) congrats! and good luck with your weight loss
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE BRIDES TO BE. Good luck on your goals.
  • evieparamore
    evieparamore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 14 :) This site definitely helps keep me mindful of what I'm eating and keeps me motivated! Good luck in your weight loss goal!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Our wedding is 9/29/12....I want to lose 60+ lbs by then (probably going dress shopping this Aug/Sept). 75+ would be just awesome, but I will be happy with 60.

We have a group on the message boards called "Brides On a Mission"...if you would like to check it out!

Good Luck :)
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find that you'll eat healthier by doing this and nurishing your body up until your wedding is good - helps with stress to be healthy! Water is the best thing for your skin too!! Congrats!
  • kelliebeth
    Options
    I am getting married June 25th and have a goal of 20lbs lost !! We are spending our honeymoon in Hawaii, and that will be more fun if I feel comfortable in my swimsuit =)

Good luck to all the Brides-to-be ! We have great motivation!
  • LeslieReagan
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I'm getting married on July 2nd and I hope to drop 10lbs. I notice I'm having a difficult time losing weight due to stress levels. Anyone else having this problem???
  • AimsMac
    Options
    im getting married June 4th :) its good motivation to help us all hit our targets!

Im dying to get rid of those bulgy bits that are just above the boob! (apart from the obvious belly! lol) My dress is strapless so need to get rid of those bits!

so not sure when it comes to weight as I do not have any scales yet, but I would like to drop at least 2 sizes by then!

Im sure we can all do it girls! :)
  • lynsien
    Options
    Well Congrats! I'm getting married 8.20.11 and would like to lose my last about 10 lbs. by then. This site definetly helps to open your eyes to what you're putting in your body and helps you find good alternatives to things. Plus the motivation is great!! Congrats again... and good luck!!
  • Morninoonight
    Options
    I'll be getting married this November, let's do it girl!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I am getting married June 10th, 2011. Hoping to shed 30lbs or more!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 18th! Already lost 11 pounds hoping to lose 30 more by the time the wedding comes! Congrats to everyone!! :love:
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 28, 2011! I'm unclear how that all of a sudden is less than four months away!!! I've lost 14 pounds so far and hope to lose as much as I can before the big day. I'd love to lose another 15-20 pounds by my first dress fitting on April 2.
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My wedding isn't til 5/12/12 but I'm also trying to lose weight. I DJ weddings so I feel like I've seen so much! Congrats to all of you brides to be and good luck to you all as well :) This is def the best place for support! Also I'm available for good reception advice! :)
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Congrats on your engagement ....I also just got enagaged myself and I struggling to meet a deadline as well. I find that if you plan ahead its seens to really help with staying on track ....I always plan what I am going to eat for the whole day in the am, and I always leave I little extra room for sweet snack beacause I just can not seem to deprive myself LOL...Good Luck!!
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    Options
    Congrats everyone!! I'm not a bride to be yet but my boyfriend and I have already talked about wanting a wedding the summer of 2012 so it's on both our minds! I want to lose 60 pounds by next summer, hopefully the majority of it by about a year from now for dress fittings. I am still new to MFP ... Just under 2 weeks but it has definitely opened my eyes to what I eat and what I should be eating :)

I look forward to hearing everyones success story and seeing all the beautiful pictures!!
  • hungrybride
    Options
    Hi Maly Mal - That is really good advice about planning your meals for the whole day each morning. When I think back to how I gained all this weight, it was because I was eating on the go, or eating out, and I really didn't plan my meals ahead at all. I hardly even went grocery shopping, to tell the truth. So, I need to be more thoughtful about what I eat and pay more attention and PLAN! No plan means you plan to fail, right?
    And yes, a sweet snack is important. You can't feel like you are depriving yourself or you will just get frustrated.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
  • hungrybride
    Options
    Hi BFab24- good to see you're sticking with it here after 2 weeks, that is a good start. I like the site so far too. That's nice that you feel so secure in your relationship and that you see wedding bells in your future. Good for you!
  • hungrybride
    Options
    Future Mrs. R - I hear you about those dress fittings! I need to order my gown in April or early May, and it is a lace up back, but still, I want my torso and hips to be slimmer so I don't look so heavy in the corset top. Just knowing so many pictures will be taken is a huge motivator. Best of luck to you - hang in there!
  • hungrybride
    Options
    Sending all these brides to be good wishes with reaching their weight goals. Just think how happy we will be on so many levels when we walk down that aisle, head held high! We can really be a healthy weight if we put our minds to it and avoid stressful eating.