Celery

Options
I hate the texture, but the low calories appeal to me, does anyone have any recipes that incorporate them, hide the texture, and is still healthy?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can put celery in almost anything. Any time you're using ground meat, finely chop your celery (or put it in a food processor) and add it in there. (I do this with carrots too.) Chop it up for tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, etc. If you're making a roast, cut it into kind of thick chunks and let it cook with the rest of the veggies -- the texture won't be so awful and it'll take on the flavors from the juice of the roast.
  • bbeland01
    Options
    You could always have it as a snack....
    Celery and the laughing cow cheese wedge so yummy.
    Or celery and almond butter
    Chop it up and put it in a salad
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just had celery in my beef stew last night.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What in particular about the texture do you not like? Celery is crisp and crunchy, usually not a texture people are weird about. What I dont like about celery is the strings of fiber, so if you are like me you can actually use a vegetable peeler (or your fingers) and peel the outter layer of stringy fibers.

I only peel my celery if I am eating it raw in stick form, otherwise I dont bother. If its going in tuna salad or whatever I just chop it up.
  • jjeckels
    Options
    I like to add it to Chili...
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    You can make Mulligatawny Soup google it because its soooooo healtyh and soooooooooooooo good!! It's like 85% veggies and it tastes sooooooooooooooooooo yummy I LOVE IT!!! hope it helps :)
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I eat celery with laughing cow chesse wedges, or hummus
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    add it to soups, salads - anything really!!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I use it in stir fry, soups, stews, tuna salad, green leaf salads, and eat it with hummus - I like to cut up celery, carrots, and cucumbers to dip in hummus.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Double post...I just get really excited about hummus.
  • conniefreitas
    Options
    I get excited about hummus toooo! Does anyone have a really great hummus recipe that I could try????
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I love celery, use it a lot while cooking, I love it so much I carry a stalk of it in my back pocket at all times :smile: