New Here!

Options
Hey....new here...Ive been working out 3 weeks now (3 x week doing elliptical and upper/lower body weights)...Started using MFP 3 days ago and am going by the allowed calories it gives me. Hope thats correct. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by June. Hope thats doable! Everyone here seems to have had alot of success!

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You can do it and welcome! :drinker:
  • jerjer7
    jerjer7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks...Im excited...getting dressed for the gym right now:):smile:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbie!

Your goal is definitely achieveable if you stick to it. Be sure to capture all of your calorie intake no matter how small the amount might be. Read labels, eat fresh, and stay away from fast food at all costs. It wont be easy so stay dedicated to your goal at first but as you see results it does become easier to do.

Your body may initially resist losing weight. Its not going to give it up easily, but once it starts to do so it will keep going. Its war and you have to win! I find that a healthy breakfast is key followed by "grazing" on fruit and vegetables when you feel hungry. Drink green tea as I find it takes away the hungry feeling.

When you exercise be sure to get a protein fix soon after so your muscles will be renewed.

Good luck!!